Cheap themed gifts to announce a trip?

I still have some! They are so cool!

2 Likes

Tomato as the mickey head, lettuce as the ears! Love it! :grin:

1 Like

Mine is lacking…

1 Like

I put clues in shoeboxes and had them guess. They’ve gotten into escape rooms and things like that and it was those kinds of cryptic clues. Like a small globe with the words “it’s a”. My kids are 12, 10, and 7. The 10 yr old figured it out. But it took 10 clues.

2 Likes

We did a scavenger hunt for our kiddos and they loved it!

2 Likes

This is a really cute idea!

1 Like

For our first trip a couple of years ago, I pre-wrapped a large box but left the top open. I had red, yellow, black and white balloons and a big mylar Mickey Mouse head balloon blown up with helium and attached a homemade sign that I decorated saying “we’re going to Disney World!”. Put the balloons in the box and gently secured it with tape so it was easy to open. When my son opened it the balloons floated up and the sign was about eye-level to him. It was super cute!

3 Likes

This is how we livened up booster seats when that was their Christmas gifts (think 3yo who doesn’t need anything - except a booster).

1 Like

I make dd a little booklet that I bind.The first page is a ticket with her name and the trip dates. Following pages for each day of the itinerary and expected highlights with pics (pool, parks, special meals or treats she looks forward to like ice cream). I also gave her the countdown so she could start using it (made out of wood, paper and mod podge from a previous trip). First trip I did a box of balloons and minnie ears from the dollar store.

2 Likes

oh my goodness!
This is beautiful. I bet it was awesome!
Once upon a time this would have been me! Somewhere in the last 10 years and two more kids I can barely feed them. LOL. I miss the old me.

2 Likes

I didnt buy anything to anounce our surprise trip for christmas 2 years ago. I actually had google anounce it for me. Put the event in my calendar and when I asked google what we had planned for the specific day she anounced to the kids that they were going to disney world! Reaction was priceless.

2 Likes

This is about my speed these days, too.

1 Like

I get it…i had saved for 2 years for that trip and there was nothing left in the budget for a pinterest worthy reveal. I dont think the way we told them mattered to them at all. They were just so excited to go.

1 Like

Ok.
I was thinking about this last night.
If I can pull it off, I’m thinking about having a bit of a scavenger hunt.
First bag: find a balsa wood airplane from Dollar Tree.
Second bag: have oranges.
Third bag: __ not sure__ wish I could find something palm tree-ish.
Fourth bag: Glowsitcks - bonus if they have Disney theme, but if not they can be crowns, etc.
Last spot will have the gift bags (or boxes, but that would require wrapping) with their ears.

I broke down and ordered inexpensive Minnie ears on Etsy.

4 Likes

Yes.
I have to remember this. I’d love to have more depth to it, but I am just not able to pull off a lot. I’d love to make pretend tickets and passes.

What you have planned sounds great!

Just FYI, if you do a google image search for something like “free printable disney world ticket” and look at results that aren’t etsy there’s often a free image that someone has made available that you can just fill in your info on and print if you have a home printer or a local office supply store where you can print documents.

1 Like

Thats just the evolution of motherhood, lol!

2 Likes

One of the bags can be hidden in your freezer with the Mickey ice cream bars they sell in grocery stores now?

2 Likes

I like the big box with a simple Disney balloon floating out of it. Keep it simple.

2 Likes

My idea is to drive some of the way the night before we go. When we wake up the arrival morning, have my wife put Disney shirts on them and I will take a picture. When I get ready, I will say “1…2…3 everybody say ‘I’m going to Disney World’!”

I will have my wife’s phone to take the picture and my phone to video it.

3 Likes