Chat count for private lounge ...Do we Need It

My last comment on the subject I hope- The current set up encourages a level of smack talk over there. An “us” and “them”. I can view and I was saddened by many of the comments and way some members feel that is clearly a forum just for their exclusive group vs an off topic place for all members.

8 Likes

Very well said

I wish I could say things as well as above posters. Instead, I just liked a bunch of your posts. I’ve got only 1700 chats and I’m not in the private lounge. NKTS- thank you for the laughs today. I hope it is ok I addressed you especially with my low chat count earned over 3 years.

2 Likes

I agree I think it’s very poor form !!

I really hope Staff is listening

I just went in there and instantly lost respect for a few Liners who I had thought highly of in the past. Talking about the “others” and whatnot. Power goes to people’s heads. It’s MeowMeowBeenz. Seriously Len needs to watch the MeowMeowBeenz thing. Class systems/hierarchy change people… Even good people.

11 Likes

Ditto.

I don’t even know how to feel. I do think, on the one hand, that its not really in ‘the spirit of lines’ to have exclusive areas… but on the other hand I know its de rigueur for forums to have levels of participation (etc.) and I guess it would separate out some of the off topic stuff that bothers some people. But if I weren’t on the ‘ins’ I would be SO bummed.

This is why I hate forums! Chat was SO simple!!!

1 Like

Wow @NotThatKevinSmith, thanks for posting that. I can’t help but shake my head. Really guys!?!? We’ve only been here for a full day! Already? Really? *sigh

I was told that it if i don’t like their class system, stop complaining and go away. Real winners over there. Just remember, they are not in any way better than anyone of you who don’t “qualify”.

8 Likes

One person said that. Don’t lump everyone together in either ‘side.’ Staff did this, not the users.

I’m wondering if any of these “members” actually read the terms of the site? Seems kind of hypocritical

This makes me sad. :frowning:

1 Like

Misquoting and stirring the pot is not helping anything. This thread had a simple question - should there be a chat limit. I think the overwhelming response was no. HOWEVER, a place for people to be off topic without condemnation is not unreasonable.

4 Likes

@NotThatKevinSmith This is EXACTLY what I was afraid would happen when they told us about the forum on Sunday. Its just playing out a LOT faster than I had anticipated, and it seems like TP is making choice after choice that makes this LESS like Lines chat.

4 Likes

I’m just replying here so I can test that I can reply (that sounded ridiculous, lol) but I’m with everyone else, why the chat limit? Or how about make it 100 or 500, to make sure no trolls or spammers…2000 seems very far away

One person said it and others “liked” it. The beauty (ha it was autocorrected to vanity) of this new Facebook style of talk is that other can agree without saying anything. They like being “better than” others. Winners.

1 Like

Agree but why a chat limit …call the thread Non Disney whatever…in a forum this can be done without a chat limit …I cant fathom that exclusion for paying customers due chat amount is not being seen as wrong ? No one is saying the room has to be on topic you can talk about anything you want

3 Likes

How do find the subscriber area?

I WANT OLD LINES BACK :frowning: The whole reason I come here is to get AWAY from stress from work, and now this is EVEN WORSE than that. Ugh.

3 Likes