Chat count for private lounge ...Do we Need It

Why the limit for LaC lounge …why not open to all subscribers ??? Do we need a limit if so why?

6 Likes

It makes no sense except to alienate the majority and give special privilege to others.

7 Likes

It does make it seem like high school

3 Likes

I agree. Why the minimum chat count?

1 Like

I thought we were trying to stay away from forming cliques? Doesn’t really make sense. I think this will make a majority of the people here feel excluded. IMO

2 Likes

There is a subscriber only area that only paid TP subscribers can access.

Yes Becky but my understanding is that the LaC lounge requires a subscription and 3,000 chats …I am in the LaC lounge but other paid users can not because their chat count is under 3,000 …really upsetting long time lurkers and low chat count users

10 Likes

Thought the count was 2000 for entry Did they raise it?

Matybe 2000 not sure …ether way I’m not a fan

It is 2000 you are right!

And FYI I am totally OK with a subscriber area …its the sub group needing a certain chat count that i do not like

3 Likes

I think having the subscriber section is enough. We can help people who stumble on the forum with questions and encourage them to subscribe to TP because TP is AWESOME. Then when they subscribe we can immediately welcome them with open arms in the subscriber section. That’s enough. Having a lounge for completely off-topic, fun chatting withing the subscriber section is a great idea, but I don’t like that there might be more stringent requirements to access it. At the very least make it open to any subscriber who has migrated from original chat or who has participated at a much more minimum level. This is just my opinion though, and I’ll be OK with whatever staff decide. They’ve been very receptive to everyone the past couple of days.

13 Likes

Well Said

2 Likes

Thanks @GrumpyInBrooklyn!

1 Like

Completely agree with @GrumpyInBrooklyn and @SallyEpp_cot

2 Likes

I agree - it’s also just a little confusing what the separate purpose of a “subscribers” chat and “lounge” would be. One nice thing about Chat is that anyone can jump in the free-flow conversation whenever they’re ready to do so - it would be great for the lounge/subscribers’ chat/whatever-it’s-called to work the same way. At the least, 2000 seems too high to me. Appreciate the efforts staff are making to try to provide some kind of chat-like space within the forum! :smile:

4 Likes

I am not in lounge yet. I don’t inherently mind there being a requirement. But I would like it clarified here what the criteria is and encourage/reward posting here in forums to build this community.

1 Like

I think @SallyEpp_cot is right. I don’t chat a lot, but I spend time on lines everyday. And my subscription fee is the same as the big time chatters.

3 Likes

I think the lounge is a good idea without a chat count limit. It just needs to be clear that the Lounge is for off-topic chatting and may be offensive to some people. I would be more interested in having an age limit on the Lounge.

10 Likes

Age limit is a good idea!

2 Likes