Character Dining Choose

If you were to pick between Be Our Guest, Cinderellas Table or Chef Mickey’s for first time WDW guest with kids age 4-10 which would you choose?

2 Likes

I just wanted to say welcome! I’m sure someone here will have great recommendations. I’ll give my opinion anyway (although others that go more often than I do will doubtless have opinions that I would weigh higher than this one).

I have never actually eaten at Chef Mickey’s, but that would be the lowest ranking of the three for me. We are going to try Topolino’s this time.

We ate at Cinderella’s Table years ago. I can’t remember what we ate, but the princess interaction was amazing. It’s different now–Cinderella only appears and doesn’t actually visit. That may change, though, depending on when you are going. It is nice to be inside the castle though.

We ate at Be our Guest for dinner the last time that we went. Again, I can’t remember being a huge fan of the food, can’t remember what we ate, but the atmosphere here is amazing. We requested the main dining room, and it’s just gorgeous. We had photos with the beast and interaction last time, but I have heard that has changed. I’ve also heard the food quality has went downhill, but, really, we weren’t there for the food.

I have all three reservations for our next trip, and I feel sure I’ll be cancelling the Chef Mickey’s. I may end up keeping both of the other two. It’s hard to choose. For us, it will be Cinderella’s Table, princess interaction or not, simply because we skipped it last time. Also, it’s just cool to go inside the castle.

What characters do your children like best?

I would do breakfast/ brunch at Chef Mickey for a crowd that young. CRT would be my 2nd choice and BOG a distant 3rd place.

5 Likes

Be Our Guest isn’t really character dining - the Beast just walks through. I’d personally probably go for Chef Mickey’s - it’s a buffet so everyone should find food that they like and it’s the fab 5!

5 Likes

I’ve been to all three w/ children and the princess interaction at Cindy’s castle was the best. There’s a meet before you go up too. Second is chef Mickey’s brunch b/c of the food. No one cared for the food or characters at BoG. You can ask to walk through to see the interior if you want to see inside w/o paying for it.

1 Like

It was family style last year, not sure if theyhave returned to the buffet or not.

It was unlimited refills and much more kid friendly food than CRT or BOG.

4 Likes

My kids (5, 7, 10 on our first trip, 9, 11, 14 on the most recent one) love Chef Mickey’s and aren’t really into princesses. I know adults aren’t generally crazy about CM, but a breakfast/brunch buffet (family style right now due to COVID) is also DHs favorite kind of food, so it usually wins.

2 Likes

I’d actually pick Garden Grill, even though you didn’t list that as an option. It’s less chaotic than Chef Mickey’s and you get good character interaction. But, if you’re not going to EPCOT, I’d pick Chef Mickey’s followed by CRT.

1 Like

You’re right, I thought it had gone back to buffet but MDE says family style. Thanks for spotting that.

1 Like

It’s so hard to keep up with the changes right now. I know I actually prefer family style vs a gross buffet.

5 Likes

First time and they age Chef Mickey.

Have you considered Topolino’s??

3 Likes

Except that it generally means more basic items to choose from and more basic too.

I miss TH breakfast buffet!!

3 Likes

True, but I think Chef Mickey has always been pretty basic. I do miss Tusker House too. Although it has made me explore Y&Y more bc I usually did one or the other.

1 Like

We prefer a buffet :joy:

2 Likes

Chef Mickey didn’t have anything “exotic” but there were a ton of options.

Still, Chef Mickey for basic breakfast is the choice here. For something elevated we all know it’s Topo

3 Likes

Topolinos breakfast has quickly become my must do repeat meal each trip.

3 Likes

Wait, they haven’t started back with breakfast yet?!?! :scream_cat:

They have, but it’s family style and with rather basic limited items.

2 Likes

Oh. How depressing.

2 Likes

We did Chef Mickey in October 2020 and loved it! No characters, but our experience with the food was great and my son loved the monorail. We’re planning on it again in July with a larger group. I’ll eventually do Cinderella’s Royal Table with my daughter, but def would not drag husband and son there!

1 Like