Chapek confirms masks will be required in US parks upon reopening

Covidiots! love that!

Maybe corpsidiots?

3 Likes

For those of you that have mask mandates where youā€™re at, how is that going? Are exceptions for health issues being abused and are they requiring documentation?

Our county judge is saying the medical loophole makes them unenforceable so thereā€™s no point?

Where I live in New Jersey, compliance has been pretty good. Weā€™ve been hit hard, so many if not most people here know someone who got sick or passed from Covid. I think that makes it a little more real for us.

2 Likes

We have had mandatory masks in my city since March, statewide since May(?). The only indoor place I have found someone not wearing a mask was when I dropped my car off at an auto body shop this week. Even outside it is about 50%.

2 Likes

We have mandatory masks inside any business here and Michigan. From what I see, we have on the order of 90% compliance. Some people try not wearing them, but they are few. Now in that 90% there is probably 20% who might pull the mask off or down when others arenā€™t around.

2 Likes

We have mandatory masks for stores and businesses. I would say most people wear them, depending on the business. There are people who take advantage of the medical loophole. I donā€™t think they can make people provide documentation. Kind of the same idea as Disneyā€™s DAS pass.

Most people seem to take them off as soon as they can and most donā€™t wear them if they donā€™t have to.

2 Likes

I work in retail in Boston and people have been compliant about putting them on when they come in the store. Now, keeping them on the whole time and wearing them properlyā€¦thatā€™s a different story.

3 Likes

Wearing them properly is the issue I see here as well. The number of folks who have them below their nose is obnoxious.

6 Likes

reminds me of the kids that wear their pants down below their butt

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I live in MA and everyone is pretty good about them. Iā€™m a little north of Boston so more rural so its really not necessary outside unless we are around a bunch of people.

1 Like

We are neighbors-ish. You are between me and Boston which is only an hour away!

1 Like

Iā€™m in Georgetown. Iā€™ve been curious as to where you work but I understand if you want to keep that off the chats.

Circling back on the face shield topic. Here in Washington State, our Dept. of Labor and Industries (governs worker safety) says that face shields are not adequate face coverings. They say shields protect the wearer, but donā€™t provide enough protection from the wearer to others.

1 Like

everything Iā€™ve read or heard (Iā€™m not as well informed as many in these forums) recommends both masks and shields worn simultaneously.

Any recent observations from people who have been to Springs, are gaitors being accepted? There is some ambiguity in their guidelines using the word ā€œshould.ā€ I would greatly prefer the gaitor, but buying stocks of both. Are they enforcing the earloop?

Even if someone else can confirm, I suggest bringing a backup mask but wearing the gaitor if thatā€™s the one you prefer. They can change their guidelines and/or enforcement at any time.

That said, my understanding is they arenā€™t enforcing that strictly.

I know Iā€™ve seen pics of gaitors at Universal, but Iā€™m not sure about DS. but I do know, according to TA & bloggers, that they ARE indeed inforcing use. Len T. on one of the live shows this past week said ā€œI canā€™t tell you how or what the consequences are, but they are serious about the masksā€ Iā€™m paraphrasing. I think it was this one: TouringPlans Live - Disney World Halloween Party Canceled + Food & Wine News - YouTube

Sorry - to clarify, I meant they arenā€™t enforcing the type of mask that strictly. I have heard they are enforcing wearing masks that cover the nose and mouth, as @vcka said.

2 Likes