Chapek confirms masks will be required in US parks upon reopening

Do they care about valved masks? I know some cities in CA have banned them.

Yesterday I saw an elderly woman at the store. She had on a face mask. Then at the bottom of the face mask she had clipped on (with binder clips) a scarf or some such. So it was all kind of closed up, but I assume she could still breath. I also assumed this was more comfortable to her than a face mask? But I had not seen this particular configuration before. :slightly_smiling_face:

This seems like a pretty good article:

Tips For Wearing a Mask and Trying to Stay Cool in Summer Heat

1 Like

I was just in downtown Celebration, and I’d guess masks were worn by 40% of people walking around.

The day after the largest one-day number of cases had been reported.

I don’t think this is dumb - I think this is intentional.

7 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Intentionally dumb?

yup. the mask has somehow become a symbol of “freedom from the government overreach and fake news media telling you to wear them”
wonder where this is all coming from :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

That is our plan, bring the gators, but have a back up.

1 Like

I think I’d actually wear the more to-the-guidelines back up through the entrance and then switch to the gaiters. I think they’d be more likely to say something there. :wink:

Regarding gaiters, my wife sewed ear loops to one of the gaiters. I tried it, and found it kept it up over my nose doing that…however, I still found the gaiter hot and uncomfortable compared to the mask. My wife, however, found it quite comfortable.

Update on the Disney official face masks:

• DS8 loves his Small and it seems to fit great
  • DD6’s Small mask won’t stay on. She needs a medium
  • My Large mask fits but is more scratchy with facial hair than my other masks (I recently acquired a quarantine beard)
  • DW doesn’t like the way the war loops tug. We tried those clips around the back but they didn’t rest in quite the right spot to alleviate the pressure on the ears

The mask my wife made for me that ties around the back is still my favorite. Soft and comfy.

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Please don’t bring any gators. Florida has plenty already :laughing:

8 Likes

My wife found the exact same thing pre-made. I think she has a stockpile now of like eight different types of masks for us.

1 Like

yeah, I’ve seen them on Amazon and wondered how I or DS would like them.

Also to @ryan1, Do they also work as a “regular” gaiter as well? If at times you didn’t want to use the ear loops, do they still stay up the way a gaiter does when not using the ear loops?

Oh, yes. Absolutely. It was just a normal cooling gaiter. But since the gaiter had a tendency to want to slip down, my wife got the idea to just sew ear loops on them. But the ear loops can easily be tucked out of sight and used without them.

1 Like

Might have to look into those again. Especially for DS. he hasn’t been out much, so he’s been using a cloth gaiter/headband like thing he got at vacation bible school last year. He had to go to Target with me last week and we forgot it. He didn’t like the surgical masks. And even with adjustments, it was big on him.

C’mon Disney mask order! Send me my masks early!!! :laughing::crossed_fingers:

Although…wearing a gator might help with social distancing concerns…

:smile:

4 Likes

Where does your wife get ear loops?

True!