Changes to Genie+ / ILL rides

According to this tweet by Scott Gustin (very reliable), as of Feb 25th Space Moutain, FEA and Runaway Train are moving from ILL to Genie+

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1496968123018358787?s=20&t=nMtrAK2b77oeEtUf_LHL6Q

7 Likes

That would be great news! And I agree he is very reliable.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it from a couple of other sources too. I suspect EE will be added to that list once it reopens…

7 Likes

Yes, I agree.

Why?

3 Likes

Because then you get 3 more rides available for your $15 (rather than having to shell out another $7-15 each), and it lessens the load on the remaining Genie+ attractions, increasing the availability of each marginally.

10 Likes

[frantically logs back into TP to redo all his touring plans…]

16 Likes

I suppose I found buying an LL+ for MMRR much less stressful than trying to find an LL for SDD. Less competition (because of the extra expense) perhaps and more choice of time slot.

15 Likes

There are definitely drawbacks.

2 Likes

But it means we can’t secure those rides at the beginning of the day and basically choose the time for them. I’m bummed about this.

13 Likes

That was my point.

6 Likes

I didn’t see your post before I posted mine.

I was so looking forward to at least having 2 rides be easy-ish to book each day. More stress now. More eye twitching. Oh goody.

7 Likes

It’s accurate.

5 Likes

And I don’t intend on buying G+ Most of the time but planning to do that on two select days in my trip and buying ILL$ for a couple of things without fighting over it

4 Likes

Right, but you can only get so many G+ per day. Say you were able to make a plan and squeeze everything into one day by purchasing both ILLS and G+. This just makes it more difficult. So you may need to add a park day (or use standby if time allows it).

5 Likes

2 hours ago I asked my son what the must do rides were on his birthday. First thing he said was Space Mountain. In my head I was so pleased that I would be able to secure this for him by throwing some money at it. Ugh. Gut punch. And my gut is already bruised from my self-created catastrophe yesterday.

8 Likes

I didn’t mean it in a snappy way. Just a “I agree” kind of a way.

2 Likes

Me too. As much as it meant having to pay for something that was free before, I liked having at least 2-3 secured spots and then working on the rest throughout the day. Genie+ booking for subsequent rides is not at all as friendly as Fast passes in the past without being able to modify.
We waited in multiple lines this recent trip where in the past we hardly waited for anything.
I’m bummed about this change unless they somehow allow the ability to modify reservations/times.

10 Likes

Not to send us down a rabbit trail, but your words were ambiguous. You hearting my post was not! Ha!

ETA - I really wasn’t offended or anything, just felt that clarification was needed after your post.

3 Likes

Ehhh yea I’m not happy. I mean great not paying more, but Mickey and FEA Are must rides for us, I was happy just to pay.

7 Likes