Changes to Genie+ / ILL rides

Fair to assume similar numbers of people riding those 3 rides via LL as did previously via ILL? Or might this throw things off in terms of SB waits too? Or don’t we know until there’s data?

3 Likes

I would assume more people will be willing to use it as part of their G+ than as an ILL, but then again, there are a number of people that have said no way would they get G+, but they would purchase ILL. Who knows. It’s all a shitshow.

7 Likes

I think so. You would think the availability of the LL should be about the same. Even if the LL wait is a little longer compared to when it was ILL, you can only get so many through in a given time. Unless they would decide to adjust the entering ratio, so I guess standby could be longer. :man_shrugging:

But yeah i agree, any change in SB wait should be marginal.

2 Likes

I would have gladly shelled out extra money to ride MMRR or FEA to avoid stressing about those lines.

5 Likes

Maybe all the bad reviews for G+ prompted Disney to add more rides to the selection.

4 Likes

They did this around Christmas too right? Maybe they are expecting larger than average summer crowds.

4 Likes

I wonder why an end date of Aug 7, what happens after that? :thinking:

Agree odd date to end on…… hmmmm

1 Like

Crowds start thinning out I think

3 Likes

This is great news for our family. We are doing G+ but likely no ILL son this opens up more options for us without having to rope drop. Now we just have to coordinate a couple rope drops or park closings with the ILL rides.

2 Likes

Unless that’s when they hope crowds settle down near the start of school, as they used to do in the “before” times…

2 Likes

Guessing GotG BG’s will go until then, at which point it becomes ILL, and FEA is reassessed if it should be other ILL vs Remy at that point? Not sure.

4 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t copying you, rather we were typing at the same time. We’re just like-minded on this!

1 Like

Thats a good thought. In the before times, I’d expect the VQ for a year. But now with the ILL option it may be shorter lived, like Remy.

Or they drop Remy from ILL at that point and only have one (GotG).

3 Likes

After the figment popcorn bucket demand, I’m pretty sure the ILLs will be Guardians and Imagination.

8 Likes

Or ILL for the MO line for a Figment bucket … Why pay once when you can pay twice? :smirk:

10 Likes

I am firmly in the “This is not good news.” camp. I am anticipating horrendous crowds next week, and with 3 of us trying, I was hoping to get at least 3 decent G+'s / ILL’s per day. The money was less of a priority for us than minimizing time spent in line. We don’t spend a lot of money on souvenirs or alcohol, and we try to do only one TS per day. (We eat breakfast in the room.) So, we were willing to cough up the $$ for ILL’s.

I am getting fatigued from all of this anxiety over Genie+ and ILL’s, and really just want to get this trip over with. I’m trying to keep some perspective and remind myself how fortunate we are that this (really?) is our biggest problem right now with everything that’s going on in the world…

The bright spot is that I have procrastinated long enough on preparing all of my TP’s, so I don’t have to keep changing them. :laughing:

11 Likes

Ahh, man. I’m not happy about the change either. FEA and MMRR are my kids’ favorites and I was 100% planning to pay to not wait in line with 3 little kids.

4 Likes

How did I not realize that you were going to be there when we are?! My plans are in the opening post of my trip report, let me know if we’ll be in the same area and you’d like to say hi :wave:

3 Likes