Changes to DAS

A little background-

I am not eligible for DAS…I have a mobility issue I use assistive devices for anything over 250ft or inclines…No DAS for me I understand that and am fine with it.

That said it DAS is moving to genie- any ideas on how it works for rides that required a paper fast return time for mobility issues ( space mountain, Star tours anything with stairs in the que ect )

have you looked here yet? Search Results | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)
I know things will change a bit for Genie and DAS but I only know what @ninjasherrie has shared on the Genie launched thread Genie launched - Walt Disney World - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

Has it been a while since you’ve been?
I ask because my experience the last few years has been that anytime you need the mobility entrance, they just bring you over.
We use DAS, but also a wheelchair for DS. On the rides that need the mobility entrance, like Spaceship Earth, they just immediately walked us over to the alternative entrance. This was true for Spaceship Earth, BTMRR, TSM. Even when we weren’t using the DAS.
And DAS has been in the app for a while now. They are just letting you self select now instead of making you visit each ride.

1 Like

Last trip was in January 2021- October 2020 before that- so we were not able to FP…

Both trips given paper return times for Space Mountain equivalent to standby line.

Can’t speak for Spaceship earth as we usually hit that early so not really a line at standby…

Big thunder railroad and Spaceship earth seems to be on the GP+ list so I am not as concerned. Yet that leads to another question- if I pay the GP+ how will they handle the accessible line…

Using last trip Holiday weekend in January- thunder mountain as an example- mobility issues que in the exit- depending on park crowds it can be backed up quite a bit close to an hour…will paid GP+ return times be given priority access? Will there be an accessible LL?

@vcka

• Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need DAS?
      No, a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need DAS.strong text Depending on the attraction, the Guest will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction based on the current wait time. For some attractions at Disneyland Resort, these guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.*

My question isn’t so much which rides require transfers- it’s the rides with no accessible standby ques that have required paper return times before…if paper return times are out now what…

1 Like

All we can do is guess at this point, but I would assume it’s going to be an in app functionality. It already exists for DAS, it would be a simple tweak to the code to add that functionality for accessible entrance returns.

I’ve never encountered a paper return so I’m intrigued. Maybe because it’s a child in my case they just let us through? That doesn’t seem fair. I’ve always just assumed it was that way for everyone.

1 Like

They used paper returns the last time I was in DL 2019. @noreen99 most of the functionality for the new system isn’t known as Ninjaserrie said