Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

At least you don’t have to pay an extra $24 per person on G+ for that attraction.

7 Likes

Oh goodness yes :woman_facepalming:

My DD is turning 11, how quickly we forget those failed holiday parties because of a sound asleep little one.

1 Like

… both of my kids have been night owls since birth and could hang until park close, even as toddlers. When they were younger, they would be wide awake until we decided to leave the park and then they would crash hard in the stroller, usually before we exited the park.

On of my favorite photos is of us leaving EPCOT at the end of EMH one night… standing in front of Spaceship Earth. Ds was 2yo and sleeping in the carrier, and dd was 6yo and crashed in ds’ stroller. They had both been wide awake 15min before. :sunglasses::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Yes! So far the deluxe resorts aren’t giving young families much incentive.

5 Likes

Agree, I wish they would have an early morning option. It’s too late for our children.

Been using Apple scooter since 2015 - whenever we had family/friends that needed it.

Thanks. Yea that was me dreaming about ways to not push 160 lbs of DB in Florida heat for 8 days. It looks like we will be renting a portable ecv for our stay. I’m hopeful I can break it down enough to fit in the ubers if we opt for a larger car. It says they fit in economy size trunks though. I will practice breaking it down in the room so I’m speedy with it.

2 Likes

For the last few years we have been doing long weekends- to accommodate work/college schedules…fly in Thursday night home Monday.

The new deluxe Monday Wednesday is pointless for us…someone on another forum long ago once detailed how going to Aulani every year was cheaper than going to WDW for a family of four…

2 Likes

So they’ve announced Ratt will be LL + and/or VQ…do you think it will it be open during the deluxe late hours? If so, just as standby?

I have been thinking about this (mainly for space mountain). In the past extra hours did not have FPs (although maybe they did in 2005?)

I would expect they will announce what will be open before the 1st?

3 Likes

Right I hope we know by then! We go mid-October and if we can ride Ratt at deluxe hours that will save stress of VQ!

1 Like

2 questions- and please bare with me I am still getting used to the set-up here…not that I am anti-technology but I am probably one of the few still working the unofficial guides every year…( if you see this - the genie looks like it would be a good time to bring back so past editions WDW without kids ect maybe WDW for the technically challenged)

So if we buy GP+in advance- it’s for every day…or technically every night of a resort stay…that would IMO make a big difference…we often plan checking& checkout day as a resort days…
Any word if this like meal plan and must be bough everyday and for everyone in your party?
Will it be like dinning plan- it starts the night you check in? Or can it be adjusted to be used the last day for example- I purchase dining plan- arrive 8pm check in at 9- my credits are already loaded- those for the first night credits will be available to use on our chech out day?

Ok so with FP+ we had the ability to pick 3- 60 days
After those were gone my family would normally split and head there separate ways picking up fast pass for other attractions.

Plus, I was planning on avoiding the morning extra hour park entirely because of the crowds. So, it would have been a null benefit for us. But, with all four parks having it, that seems like a game changer.

It will be interesting to see how the crowds disperse to the four parks. For example, I wonder if the park that opens last might see more people coming for the early half-hour because the people that can’t wake up early, can make that one.

I’m really just glad my trip will be after you guys have figured out the optimal.

My understanding is if you buy it in advance it’s for every day of your TICKET, not every day you are on property. Because it would legally murky to make you pay for an in park service on days you can’t get into a park.
If you buy it day of, you can do it in the app each day you want it.

3 Likes

As the bus driver once told us, EPCOT
Every Parent Carries Out Toddlers

4 Likes

Is the Genie killing the strategy of pre-park opening breakfast? We loved that strategy because 8 was the perfect time for us to eat and jump on Soarin’ or the Safari. We were basically rope dropping but getting double duty out of breakfast. Now with the early entry for resort guests I fear eating in the park would put us behind everyone. Farewell Garden Grill and Tusker House. It was good while it lasted.

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate the TA insight. I don’t want to bug mine because I’m sure she’s inundated right now and our trip isn’t until next fall.

Never feel bad about asking your TA questions! That’s what we’re here for! Right now we may not have the answers you seek bc Disney is being ultra secretive, but it’s good for us to know what people are concerned about so we can touch back later on.
:grinning:

3 Likes

Not Genie but the 30-minute early entry probably has. You’d have to have a reservation for 1.5 hours before official open to make it work. And even then you’d only be just even with the on-site guests and only if they don’t let people in a little before the 30-minute mark. If you had a reservation 1.5 hours before open, and were off-site they’d probably stop you from going into the park before official open. (I’d pondered the same question, and that was the answer)

2 Likes

Official Disney Genie Announcement Continues Astonishing Plummet, 90% Disliked on YouTube (blogmickey.com)

I wonder if Disney will make any adjustments given all the adverse reaction. I guess for me I don’t mind paying the $15/day what really bothers me is the necessary LL purchases.

10 Likes