Change in Modifying WDW ADRs within 2 Hours of Seating

6 Likes

Oh, this is important news! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

This is definitely tough for families with little.ones. Hopefully you can stop by the hostess stand if.you really need to cancel.

Otherwise I would be like - she’s in full meltdown mode so you have a choice: cancel me or we’ll just bring her on in for a delightful dinner for all.

6 Likes

The article says you have to call Disney dining to make any last minute changes so perhaps it’s a change only in being able to do it online?

2 Likes

sadly, calling in can be an issue, once we were on hold for almost 2 hours and missed our ADR, the CM said we would be charged a missed ADR fee, and that we should have called sooner :open_mouth: she didn’t care we were on hold trying to modify. I did get the fees reversed w/ GS after I explained how long we were on hold.

5 Likes

I’ll have to find the article to get the specifics, but I think they just made other changes to canceling CRT, HDD and some others. Like you can’t without a fee.
I haven’t seen it mentioned here on the threads yet. I’ll post the article if I can find it. Don’t know if it was a reputable source though. So if it’s not- wont post.
Edit: Got clarification. You can’t modify. Here’s what I found.

Modifications – The experiences below have different modifications or cancellation policies. Once the reservation is confirmed, modifications are not allowed for:

• Cinderella’s Royal Table
  • Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review
  • Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Pre-Party
  • Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Post-Party
  • Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Seats & Sweets
  • Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise
  • Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package
  • Spice Road Table Fireworks Dining Package
  • Celebration at the Top – Sip, Savor, Sparkle
  • Top of the World Lounge – multiple products

Cancellations – Some restaurants require earlier cancellation to avoid a fee and/or have higher fees:

Restaurant: Cancellation Fee: How to Avoid Fee:
Cinderella’s Royal Table Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 2 hours prior to reservation time
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 1 day prior to reservation time
Sangria University Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 1 day prior to reservation time
La Cava Experience $50 (per person) Cancel at least 1 day prior to reservation time
Monsieur Paul $100 (per person) Cancel at least 3 days prior to reservation time
Victoria & Albert’s $100 (per person) Cancel at least 5 days prior to reservation time
Takumi-Tei $100 (per person) Cancel at least 2 days prior to reservation time
Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Pre-Party Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 7 days prior to reservation time
Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Post-Party Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 7 days prior to reservation time
Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Seats & Sweets Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 7 days prior to reservation time
Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 1 day prior to reservation time
Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 2 days prior to reservation time
Spice Road Table Fireworks Dining Package Full cost of experience (per person) Cancel at least 2 days prior to reservation time

I don’t know how it changed but this is reportedly different.

2 Likes

Here is Disneytourist post from May 5. It lists exceptions.

2 Likes

:joy: Jinx!

1 Like

I don’t quite understand. It says modifications can’t be made but then for CRT for example you can still cancel up to hours ahead?

I just booed CRT a few weeks ago and then changed the time later that day. I saw I was only charged once. Are they saying once it’s booked you can’t change the time at all?

1 Like

I think that’s very new or it’s about to change. The way I read it is you can cancel but not modify… why, IDK. Maybe they are trying to get a better handle on the reservation system.
Really it just seems to be getting more and more complicated :woman_shrugging:

Dessert parties used to be 1 day cancellation policy. They are now “rain protecting” themselves…

Honestly, I like the 2 hour cancellation window. The 2 hour modifying window was good for some nefarious purposes, but realistically, I tend to know by 2 hours ahead if I want to cancel, so I am good with this.

When in doubt, I will cancel. I have never regretted canceling a meal. I HAVE regretted going to some when I didn’t feel like it.

3 Likes

I’m confused about mods for CRT.

Say a few weeks before our trip we get a res for 8:30 am, but then and 8:00 am opens up for the same day. Heck yes, I’m taking that.

Is there a charge for that?

I’m constantly looking for better times for res based on evaluating my touring plans.

2 Likes

This is my question too. It makes no sense you can’t move the time.

4 Likes

They were 5 day back in January. I couldn’t justify it without knowing the weather and/or if everyone would want to do that on the last night. I’m glad I didn’t spend $613 on it.

2 Likes

You can cancel and rebook :woman_facepalming: It’s silly really.

1 Like

Is takumi-tei new? I’d never heard of it. Had to look it up

It opened in summer 2019. Re-opened after the covid closure in November 2022.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a problem telling the hostess to mark me as a seated guest who left at the front desk. They just say your bill was $0 and your reservation still appears as you ate there.

2 Likes

Does “Cancel at least 2 days prior to reservation time” mean 48 hours before?

Or does it mean cancel before midnight two days prior (i.e. cancel by 11:59PM Thursday for a Saturday reservation)?

2 Likes