Change in Modifying WDW ADRs within 2 Hours of Seating

#Disneylogic

1 Like

Not for something like CRT. In my experience, if you cancel a res, itā€™s going to be snapped up immediately by someone else and thatā€™s it. No castle breakfast for you.

Iā€™ve lucked out and gotten res closer to my travel dates but thatā€™s only when Iā€™ve had the TP reservation finder going.

I tried to get California Grill for our last trip. I had a res for 9:40 (too late for me). I checked daily and had the res finder going and nothing opened up.

1 Like

Just book the one you want first, cancel the one you donā€™t after :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

The money is the big difference - in one they carry the money over to the new Ressie. In the other, they fund it back but you have to put a new one down.

But maybe this is to address hoarding?

3 Likes

Maybe if you book the better time it will give you that error message - ā€œthis overlaps, which donyou wantā€. So it will still be a cancel and rebook, but all at the same time.

1 Like

I booked CRT a few weeks ago and then modified it a few hours later. I was charged twice on my card and credited a few days later.

1 Like

Good idea! That did not occur to me.
Iā€™m always looking for new res by clicking modify, not by searching for new ones.
But they work the same.

1 Like

That seems excessive! I know that is how it works at DLR, but I gave them a hard time for it!

1 Like

This is what Iā€™m hoping. But I donā€™t think it will have a huge impact. As long as you follow the rules, you eventually get your money back.
I think what it accomplishes, for the ones you canā€™t modify, is to be more thoughtful of the times you initially book, maybe? I donā€™t reservation horde so I donā€™t get how this even helps.
If you really want to stop the hording, charge a $25 cancelation fee 30 days out. This could have an impact IMO.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a little more than a little excessive.

3 Likes

It is excessive, I agree. But ya gotta admit, it would stop the hording :joy:
Honestly I donā€™t know what the solution is but I can see how it would be difficult on Disney to have all the resiā€™s booked and then canceled at the last minute. Why they went down to 2 hours is beyond me (if we follow the premise they are trying to stop resi hording).
I will never bother walking up to a restaurant trying to get on a waitlist for a place that I know is a hard to get. Waitlisting requires flexibility. Thatā€™s not always possible at Disney, lol.

1 Like

One could argue that waitlisting GIVES you flexibility.
Does it fit my plans today right now? Then I do it!
Does it NOT? Then I donā€™t.

But, I can also see the value of knowing you have something much desired locked-in.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never wait listed. I always imagine you have to just hang around until you get called. In my mind that could be 20 mins :grin: or 3 hours :pensive:. I wonder what most peopleā€™s experience in RL actually is. Maybe Iā€™m thinking itā€™s worse than it isā€¦

1 Like

Oh no itā€™s not typically like that. At least so far as Iā€™ve experienced. I mean sure it can be some wait, maybe up to 45 mins, but it can also be like 10 minutes! And I think if it were going to be 3 hrs they would just close it.

I think my longest wait was for Nomad this past January.

2 Likes

Oh, well worth it then! The good thing about Nomads is you can venture D.I. or Pandora while you wait.

Yep. I waited for Dā€™Vine with @ThorKat and then we met @Nikkipoooo on our way to the Lounge where we met up with the whole gang who came from all over the park

1 Like

Instead they should only allow you to book day 1 ADR per day at the 60 day mark. They could allow more closer. I guess they can allow 2 if you have a del is DDP.

2 Likes