Chances of SWGE opening early October?

I once overheard someone complaining to a cast member about their park hopper ticket. Apparently they tried to use it at Universal and were, of course, denied. They were trying to get a refund because they felt that it should have listed the parks excluded on the ticket. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:confounded:

Can I ask a spin-off question? What on earth is going to happen to Tier 1 at HS after SWGE? Will the 3 TSL rides and MMRR and SWGE all be Tier 1??? Because that would be kind of messed up.

1 Like

I am guessing it will be the two SW rides and Mickey.

1 Like

That will be awesome if the tiers work like that. I’ll take FPP for SDD, ToT and RnR, thank you very much. Or maybe TsMM instead of SDD. But either way…

I assume I will have no chance of getting FPP for the SWGE rides and will have to go for RD on 2 days to see them with a reasonable wait.

Star Wars is what might get me to go for an EMM or DAH package…

EMM or DAH at DHS once SWGE opens will be the only way I personally would attempt it

I’m definitely on the look out for EMM. Would be a great birthday gift for my DH.

This was exactly my thought. This past weekend, Pandora posted 270 minute standby wait…for a ride connected to a movie that most of us may have watched but aren’t attached to per se. SW is an entirely different beast imo. SW fanatics are hard core and I expect might even camp outside the gate days in advance to get in. I just read something on TP blog about tickets ($1000 a ticket) that allow guests to walk through SWGE from 2:00am-4:00am no rides, just walking and shopping, and they are sold out through 2020. If people are willing to pay that much just to walk/shop at a ridiculous hour of the day, I find it hard to believe that they won’t be swarming SWGE, standing in lines for hours on end, just for the chance to be part of the experience in some way.

1 Like

Good GOLLY - that’s insane. Well then…I may just cancel my October 2019 trip even if it does cost me a couple hundred bucks…not dealing with that

1 Like

I think the market for SWGE is bigger than you think.

I enjoyed watching Avatar. I’ve seen it maybe three or four times. Once in the cinema. I wouldn’t say I’m a fan. I don’t have posters of it up in my room. I don’t talk to other people about it. I guess I like sci-fi movies and the imagineering of Pandora was very creative and colourful.

I’m a huge fan of the Pandora area in WDW and a massive fan of FOP. I tell everyone about it who will listen. It’s a major priority for me when I visit WDW. I’d barely be interested in AK if Pandora weren’t there.

I really enjoyed the first few Harry Potter books. But I lost interest as the story progressed and didn’t even read the last one. Same with the movies: I only watched the last two when I knew I was going to UOR and that one of the rides was based around events in them.

I’m a gigantic fan of WWOHP. I think it’s substantially more impressive than Pandora and it’s a major draw to me of UOR. I would still go to UOR if it weren’t there, but I’d schedule a single day, maybe two, rather than three of four.

Contrariwise, I think Jurassic Park is the greatest film ever made. I’ve seen it countless times — including, literally, last night. I’ve read the book. I’ve got the soundtrack. But I find the river ride at UOR to be on a similar level to Splash Mountain. Except I’ve been on SM every time I go to MK, and I’ve been on the JP river ride once and probably won’t go on it again. Probably.

My point being, it’s more complicated than theme park areas and rides appealing to movie fans. (Oh! I think the POTC movies are the worst movies ever made. I’ve only seen two of them. Once each. And that was too much. But I quite like the ride.)

A huge amount will depend on how immersive SWGE is and how mind-blowing the rides are. I strongly suspect — from what I’ve seen and from what I can imagine — SWGE will be incredibly immersive and at least one of the rides will be, well, mind-blowing.

So I’m likely to be a fan of SWGE. I’m pretty indifferent about the Star Wars movie franchise. I’ve seen, 4, 5, 6, 1, 7, 8. I have vague feelings of nostalgia for Episode 4. The theme music gives me the feels. (Not as much as the Jurassic Park theme music does. Well, maybe the same.)

If Disney gets it right, SWGE is going to be jam-packed for years.

FEA is a mediocre boat ride and regularly has SB lines of over an hour. PP is not as good as WTP and routinely has SB lines over an hour. FOP has massive lines all the time and insane lines some of the time.

SWGE is going to be out of this world. (See what I did there?)

5 Likes

I’m in the beginning stages of planning our next trip (after this April) which would be June 2020. I’m already resigned to the fact that I’ll likely have to through down for some kind of hard ticket event to see SWGE. I figure if I prepare for it now and do an after hours event instead of a park day it will hopefully work out. I fear but at the same time intrigued to see the level of craziness SWGE brings!

1 Like

I know right?!?! However, I think the other parks will be manageable even with SWGE opening up. Not sure you’d need to cancel your trip in October-maybe just re-evaluate plans to stay clear of HS?

I know but I really want to do sdd. hoping for emm or dah. we shall see

1 Like

Totally understand that. SDD is a fun coaster for sure!!! :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Same here. It’s actually showing at my favorite local cinema in a few weeks. Part of their “book club movie party” series. Alcohol included. Can’t wait!

Sorry for the random tangent. But on the topic of dinosaur themed rides, @profmatt what is your opinion of DINOSAUR in AK? I’m debating a FP for it while my boys are in the bone yard.

It is the worst ride ever made at any theme park anywhere in the world. I wouldn’t make my bitterest enemy ride it. I’m just not that cruel.

Oh come now. You really think it’s worse than Ellen’s universe of energy?

My guess is that the 2 SWGE rides, MMRR and SDD will be Tier 1 with AS2 and TSM dropping to Tier 2.

1 Like

Sadly, that was before my time.