Celebrating the Gift of Life! **UPDATED QUESTION - HELP**

Rejoicing with you on your DH’s amazing recover from transplants! THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your tireless labor as an ER and ICU nurse. You are one of the many selfless, faceless people who have carried us during this pandemic. You have kept on caring and loving irregardless of exhaustion, chaos, and your personal safety. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Enjoy soaking in WDW!

5 Likes

Having no experience with DAS (and not suggesting anyone abuse it), but just wondering if this scenario legitimately qualifies for DAS or not?

Exhausted is an understatement! Thank you for your response. It is definitely encouraging to see positive views of my profession. I get a lot of anger from family/patients at every shift. Because I can somehow control the current situation insert facepalm here. Anyway- enough about that. I am SO EXCITED to escape it all for a few days. Will be nice to just be normal people enjoying a normal thing as a family. It will be nice for my husband to not think about what he has been through, my kids can be kids, and I will be present. I haven’t been around but to sleep for 2 years.

3 Likes

He has zero interest in even considering a DAS. He says those are “reserved for disabled people and I am not disabled” (*he is disabled according to his doctor and social security lol- but to him he is not). He has no interest in trying to “prove” he needs help at the park because he says he can manage and doesn’t want anyone to look at him like he is different. I am not going to argue with him. I am, however, trying to convince him to let me get a scooter. He is not budging on that either LOL. Genuine pain in the a$$ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is such a wonderful thing to read! I am so happy for both of you and I hope you have the most amazing time!!

3 Likes

Thinking of @Beth33 's post here Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3 - #6241 by Beth33 on what we can do, seems like we could all collectively put our Liner knowledge to work to help out a HCW (ER/ICU even) to plan :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks! Was unaware of res finder. Would LOVE Space 220 but know it’s not likely. I’ve been in the app hourly checking lol- this seems much easier.

3 Likes

I’m so excited for you guys! A well deserved trip. You will enjoy it all the more!

Wow! I hope you have a great trip!

Have you looked at all the mobile order options in MDE? If you want to try some quick service restaurants it is a great way to quickly check menus and options.

Yes! I’ve been looking at all the menus. Found some that had some amazing options. Would love to hear what favorites other people have!

I would suggest Docking Bay 7 at HS.

Congrats on your hub’s transplant and getting cleared to travel. From one RN to another (I work in high risk L&D, and we have our share of crappy patients and their entitled family members as well), thanks for continuing to show up every day even when you just want to quit. Have a wonderful trip!

3 Likes

Thanks to you too! Hang in there! I had to get better at some point, right?

2 Likes

Yes, it has to!

1 Like

Wow, you guys have been thru a lot. You deserve this trip and I am happy you are able to do it. Quick service recommendation, Satu’li Canteen in AK. I must go here once every trip.

2 Likes

I hope it’s a fabulous trip!

1 Like

My family enjoys Columbia harbor house for QS at MK. It is always quiet upstairs.

Thank you for the suggestion! I will check out the menu!

1 Like

I am so happy for you all! You definitely deserve this trip!
I love the TS options as a good way for some down time but have discovered the bliss of hanging out in a quiet corner with good QS!
My faves are…

MK Sleepy Hallow and find the Sacred Spot or other alcoves with beautiful castle views nearby. I also still need to try the spring roll cart outside of Adventure Land.

AK Nomad Lounge! I went for first time this last trip and will never miss it again! Or Isle if Java for snack and find spot on water behind FTBBQ

EPCOT loved Le Halles!

HS I think Docking Bay 7 is da bomb. Also still need to try Baseline Taphouse for a pretzel. The outdoor lounge for HBD is open now too

I hope you soak up some of that amazing Florida sunshine and have a beautiful, magical time!

1 Like

I love FTBBQ! Thank you for all the suggestions.

1 Like