Celebrating 20 yEARS: A DLR Anniversary Trip

The pumpkin and ginger snap was the one that I fancied from the menu.

2 Likes

It was really good too! Tasted just like pumpkin pie. Maybe a little heavy on the cinnamon and ginger, but quite delicious.

3 Likes

Wow that’s really bad!!

1 Like

I don’t even start mine till I’ve been home a few days, you’re ahead of the game for me!

1 Like

HM looks amazing!! I would love that.

3 Likes

Glad you made it home safely, even with the white-knuckle landing.
Awesome photos.
Great to have a day to recover from your travels!!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, the incoming BOS landings are legit scary.

2 Likes

I definitely need that mug.

1 Like

LGA is not great either. At least at one point it was one of the 10 most dangerous runways according to pilots. Not sure if that’s changed. (I know DCA was another one. I don’t remember if BOS was on that list or not.)

2 Likes

At BOS you come in over the harbor – the runway is at the water’s edge - so it feels like one good gust of wind and you’ll be in the drink!

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

I’ve flown into BOS a couple of times. I just can’t remember if it was on that list on the show I saw.

LGA is very similar along with water at the end.

1 Like

:heart::blush: Your pictures are just beautiful. So crisp and clear. Really makes me feel like I’m right there. I thank you so very much for sharing your trip with us. :heart: I have to admit I was kinda bummed yesterday that you two had to go. I love a good couch trip and seeing Disneyland enjoyed as much as I enjoy it. And I hope you will return soon. Let me know if there is anything you might want picked up or forgot to get while there! I will be there in 17 days :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you! I hope you’ll stick around to read about our Saturday and Sunday!

5 Likes

Completing a survey right now about my DLR visit. Two of the questions are:

• How big a fan are you of Marvel?
  • How big a fan are you of Star Wars?

Do they mean today or 3 or 8 months ago? :laughing:

12 Likes

We made our way to MFSR which was a posted 10 minute wait. It was, in actuality, a walk-on. I let Shane sit in the hyperspace seat.

We piloted well and collected a few cannisters of coaxium and were deemed Pirates – better than our summer performances! The ship had to go into the shop for some major repairs, but as Hondo said, it could have been worse. (It could have been better too LOL).

We wandered a bit and checked in on the app for our Oga’s reservation about 15 minutes early.

We were seated right on time at 2225. I got the Gold Squadron lager this time, having had already three cocktails that day. It was really good, and I definitely picked up on the plum and lavender flavors the description claims it has. Shane got the Outer Rim and although he is normally tequila-averse (and so it surprised me that he ordered it at all), he enjoyed it. I tasted it and the tequila really was not the star of the drink at all, so even if you aren’t a tequila fan, consider it. It was yummy!

The atmosphere in there on this night was moderate - neither as quiet as our first visit, nor as fun and lively as our second (both in Orlando). There was some kind of drama toward the end of our time in which some girl ran screaming out of the place. I thought she was yelling, “Here comes Greedo!” but I can’t be sure I was hearing right. We never did find out what the matter was, and when we exited only a few minutes later, nothing was going on out front either. :woman_shrugging:

It was after 11pm by the time we were done and we were toast. We decided to wander toward the hotel, stopping to take a few photos along the way, and to say goodnight to our gracious hosts.

We meandered back to GCH where we fell into bed exhausted and fell fast asleep!

Stay tuned to read all about our big plans for Saturday, including our dinner at Napa Rose!

14 Likes

I love that drink, but the sorbet or whatever they put on top is the real star. In Sept at WDW they didn’t have it and it wasn’t anywhere near as good. I’m not even sure I finished it.

you guys are just so darn CUTE!

11 Likes

Amateur…

5 Likes

IKR?! And here folks think I’m an absolute drunk!
:joy:

5 Likes

Aww thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes