Celebrating 20 yEARS: A DLR Anniversary Trip

That is awful.

1 Like

That is such a neat idea to do the flight with little waffle cone chips in it. All ice cream places should do that. The 2 on the left are definitely on my list and maybe the Parker house rolls one. Glad you like them!

5 Likes

Yikes! How very unprofessional.

3 Likes

LOL! I’ll pass, thanks anyway. :joy_cat:

1 Like

How about mushroom muddy buddies?
I hope they don’t really use mushroom in ice cream.

1 Like

In China you can find corn and pea flavored ice cream bars. I remember Carly really liking the corn flavor when she was 3-1/2!

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I’m sure they do!

One of my favorite ice creams I’ve ever eaten was a Candy Cap Ice Cream - Candy Caps are mushrooms that taste sweet and kind of maple-y. It isn’t the kind you would sit down and eat a pint, but it was delicious with the dessert.

2 Likes

That’s just wrong.

3 Likes

I can’t wrap my brain around mushrooms in ice cream (I wouldn’t eat a mushroom in anything though).

6 Likes

That is something I 100% agree with you on.

4 Likes

I knew I liked you.

3 Likes

It’s 8:22 here - you must have landed or will be shortly. I hope the flight went well and looking forward to the rest of your pics/updates. You know, and what you thought of Space Mountain. LOL

8 Likes

We are about halfway home from the airport. Flight was really good. Approach into BOS was a little sketch with the wind but the pilot landed as if it was smooth as silk. Quite impressed! BOS has a very short runway so if you’re dealing with wind AND going hard on the brakes it’s a bit bumpy. But this pilot did it expertly.

I wrote a bunch while high in the sky. I will add it piecemeal over the next day or two. Thanks in advance to all who will continue reading my delayed live report :joy:

15 Likes

Welcome home! Thanks for bringing us along! I’m looking forward to hearing the rest of your report.

7 Likes

Agreed. Mushrooms are not for me.

5 Likes

Oh man, I adore this TR and am so glad yall had fun!!! I need to know about the Parker house rolls ice cream. The Parker house rolls at ale and compass are my new favorite wdw dish. Happy anniversary! Hubby and I are approaching 20 years together in 2022, since we started dating at 16… and it is very surreal. 15th wedding anniversary celebration next summer, though!

6 Likes

Waking up bright and early this morning at Home Sweet Not Disneyland. At least I don’t have to go to work.

While I’m waiting for the boy to get ready for school, I thought I would do a little copy/paste followed by picture insertion.

When we last saw our heroes, it was around 8pm on Friday and they were heading in the direction of New Orleans Square so as to queue up for Haunted Mansion Holiday and they were VERY excited about it! And with good reason! Let’s pick this story up there, shall we?

We headed over to Haunted Mansion next, where we waited just over 20 minutes. I would love to be able to go back and see the “regular” version, but the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay was among our most favorite things this trip. Just absolutely fantastic! I love how it melded the movie and the attraction so perfectly. The movie is one of my favorites and it was great to see it come to life. We added it to the “ride again before we leave” list.

It was just about fireworks time, and we tossed around the idea of going to the hub to watch or heading to Batuu. Looking back now from the future I kind of wish we had. But going to Batuu is never a bad choice, and we figured we could ride MFSR and poke around in the shops more than we had the chance to do in the Orlando version over the summer. We were in the outpost browsing around when all of a sudden this incredibly intense, earth-shaking explosion went off. We had a mild heart attack, especially because for the briefest of moments the CMs looked startled as well. They said that no matter how often it happens, that first firework always scares the stuffing out of them!

We continued browsing for a few moments and then headed in the direction of Dok Ondars. This magnificent surprise was waiting for us.

As I shared earlier in a semi-live moment, this is definitely not the place to watch the fireworks. There is no music, there is no castle projection. But my goodness it really is an absolutely gorgeous place to watch the fireworks themselves. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I’m glad we caught it this way!

11 Likes

Isn’t it, though? Congrats!

2 Likes