CDC says vaccinated people don’t need masks

Sounds like UOR’s policy.

2 Likes

Ok I see it on my app now if I expand it.

It’s been announced Maryland is lifting the mask mandate indoors to follow the CDC guidance, but local areas may be still keeping them in effect.

2 Likes

You know, I am all for lifting mask mandates. But I feel like the kids under 12 are getting lost in the shuffle here. I have a 9 year old and I am not sure what to think for him. My 12 year olds are getting set up to be vaccinated. I hope that more teens and adults are going out to get their vaccines to help. I was hopeful when I saw our community vaccine center didn’t have appointments until Wednesday. They did have same day and next day appointments just a few days ago. It runs Monday-Saturday.

7 Likes

Same here with my kid. I really, really, really wish they had waited until vaccination rates were higher, or gave some kind of benchmark (i.e. "when vaccinations rates reach xx%). I don’t care about getting rid of masks outside. But it’s been 36 hours and it’s just like poof. “Fully vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks” has quickly become “no one needs to wear masks.”

12 Likes

Agree - the pendulum has swung very very quickly.

7 Likes

In all reality they have said businesses now have to decide if they want to require masks or not bc they aren’t going to be checking people’s vaccination status. While they say vaccinated people don’t have to wear a mask, but vaccinated do, the fact of the matter is everyone is going to have to wear a mask when a business says so, but not otherwise. There is essentially no incentive for or penalty against people not getting vaccinated anymore. Every man for himself.

3 Likes

To borrow a page from the @Jeff_AZ Book of Optimism…

I think the CDC had much better short term modeling software than we have privy to. They were confident the last plateau was a plateau a good week before the public graphs looked like a plateau. Same with the last tick up.

I think they know numbers are about to start dropping significantly. We just need to keep vaccinations going as deep as we can.

7 Likes

Well, now we officially have 3 HS days and don’t have to park hop in. Plus we can try for another RotR BG. Makes one day less of an issue but I really am bummed that it means more people. Sigh.

2 Likes

Just proves my point that the CDC doesn’t have good common sense about certain things.

we’re living in the wild wild west(ern) hemisphere :wink: :pensive:

AND I was SO happy when the CDC said it was safe for the vaccinated to go w/o a mask, but this (park mask) feels like a gut punch and I don’t know why? (comment not directed at you LTinNC)

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Glad to see you back engaging and with some optimism. I really hope this is all being processed in a positive way for your family.

4 Likes

I think the WDW/UOR policies are clear and enforceable though. They have enforced up to now-I will be watching going forward.

And they allow park goers to steer clear of unmasked parties without superhuman efforts, such as vacating lines. I have no qualms about standing up and moving elsewhere, same as I would if someone lights up a cigarette (or whatever) next to me.

I am not going to be shy to say “I’m sorry, my twins aren’t old enough for vaccination yet. Could you please mask?” in a queue or in a play area such as Boneyard if it re-opens (the two outside areas I was most concerned about).

Whereas the Hersheypark policy is practically useless.

4 Likes

Agreed. Glad I’m not the only one.

Personally, I feel like it’s the end of a movie when you think ( or they try to make you think) that everything is over and safe, just to have the bad guy rise up and cause more trouble because everyone let their guard down.

1 Like

I think masking is required in USO cues/lines but WDW just says masks are req. indoors and optional outdoors.

They were amazing, really. DS16 offered to stay home with the DS11 twins even, so the rest of us could go. (No doubt the other adults felt the same but knew I wouldn’t go for it.)

They were also as freaked out as I was by the Hersheypark spin.

It was a VERY rough 24 hours for me though. They were all “It’s ok, Mom, you’ll figure something else out if we need to.” Yes, but they don’t know the things I have planned that would be scrapped! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oh my! What a dear! I am even more determined to cross paths with your family in a couple weeks!

2 Likes

I am interpreting this to include attraction queues, since it specifically says theater entrances as well.

3 Likes

It says here that WDW will require masks when entering (queues) and throughout all attractions.

5 Likes

ok… I think this is tricky… b/c most lines are outdoors. USO was clear about masks inline but I don’t see this as clear language w/ WDW. :wink:

1 Like