CDC says vaccinated people don’t need masks

One thing I wonder is whether the indicator on the calendar is sensitive enough to show availability if it’s only 1 or 2 passes that you need. It seems like it would be more likely if you try that you’ll get one than multiple. I got one for MK in June last week, even though the indicator said none were left. Who knows.

I just tried it again with my DS’ ticket and was denied all parks but EC even though it shows no availability

1 Like

We are not offering N95s to teachers (but our nurses all have them) because they need to be fitted. Would KN95s work for families?

I have to say, changing the message to “a mask protects the wearer” now- will cause a sh**show in my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

I am not disagreeing that a mask will protect the wearer I just think that would be once again being wrong about a significant detail.

3 Likes

Our fit tests are pretty quick (maybe 5 minutes), but yes they would need to be appropriately sized for faces. This could be something that pediatricians’ offices could handle for kids with high risk conditions. Same with adult primary care providers. It does put the responsibility on the wearer to make sure it is on correctly. You can tell when they fit well, since they hurt like a mother! :rofl:

But, they would be talking about N95 masks only. Not cloth or paper. Only N95s. That should not cause a sh**show in my opinion.

4 Likes

Great point!

2 Likes

I’m not. They are less concerned with making all people comfortable at their parks than Disney usually is. They have no problem with rides that are not size or disability inclusive.

3 Likes

Hearting your comment bc I agree with you, not bc I like it. I have zero interest in Uni, partly bc I don’t like coasters, partly bc of what you just said, and also bc while I liked the HP books, I will no longer give JKR a dime of my money even indirectly if I can avoid it.

3 Likes

I can respect that. I’ve drawn lines about other things so I don’t shop Walmart.

2 Likes

Same. I’m fortunate that I live in an area where WalMart isn’t the main or only grocery option. I loathe their business practices.

2 Likes

OMG, this! those kids are one of the groups i always think about… sure i will probably survive the flu (likely not COVID) but what if i don’t know i’m sick yet and pass it to someone who passes it to someone who won’t survive when i’m in a public place? gets me in the line every year. or preemies, adults with cancer, folks who have had any kind of transplant. i always remember the relief for families when it was enough time after bone marrow transplants that kids could get re-vaccinated. the fact that they could lose a child to a vaccine preventable illness after they survived everything else struck me as so incredibly wrong.

5 Likes

i’m so sorry!

Wide open now, if you’re needing anything. Here we go I guess. sigh

3 Likes

Yep. All 4 parks available from May 17th to June 17th

3 Likes

Where do you get these? I only know of places that sell adult sized ones. And any tips for how to get a kid fitted? (If not, no worries, I just thought I’d throw it out there.)

2 Likes

DH got these child KF94s off Amazon a few months ago. He’s got training in fitting N95s (was bio environmental for an Air National Guard medical unit), so he did all the research to be pretty confident we were getting “real” ones.

They are actually my 9yos favorite masks.

2 Likes

I have not had time to read all the responses, but my gut feeling is that this is making things much more dangerous for my unvaccinated DD9. I hope that Maryland keeps the indoor mask mandate a little longer. I want to ditch our masks as much as anyone but it can’t happen until all kids can get vaccinated.

3 Likes

This is too true!

1 Like

Well… news just dropped that WDW will no longer require face masks outdoors starting tomorrow.

4 Likes

Do you have a link? Are they following USO’s example?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/#drawer-card-faceCoverings

2 Likes