CDC Ends Covid-19 Program for Cruises

Just an hour ago, I got emails from RCL about our upcoming cruises (6- and 8-night):

No more testing for vaccinated guests if cruise is less than 10 nights - yay for us!

5 Likes

What ports are you traveling to?

1 Like

From Miami, doing B2B on the Explorer. The 6 night stops at Coco Cay, Bahamas; Falmouth, Jamaica; then Labadee, Haiti (we’ll likely stay on the ship at Jamaica). Then the 8 night stops at Bonaire, Curacao, and Aruba.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great trip!

1 Like

Thanks! We’ve never done a Southern Caribbean cruise, so we booked that one first. A couple months later, DH suggested we add the 6-night before it to make it a B2B. I’ve missed cruising!

2 Likes

I got the same thing. We are all vaccinated but the lack of testing is just such a relief.

I think it’s really only Bermuda sailings that seem to have requirements.

2 Likes

I really liked Aruba and Curacao when we did a Southern Caribbean cruise back in the day :slight_smile:

Moderate, predictable weather and the sun sets about the same time every day, b/c they’re so close to the equator, and they’re below the hurricane belt, too. If I had my choice I might retire in Curacao.

Such pretty Caribbean architecture and colors.

3 Likes

Cruise Critic has complied an excellent summary of how each line is handling things now:

Vaccines, Masks and Testing: What Cruise Lines Require Now (2022) (cruisecritic.com)

3 Likes

Thanks! If you see any changes to Bermuda will you let me know?

2 Likes

Sure!

1 Like

Are you going to Bermuda on DCL?

RCL out of NJ but not until next summer.

1 Like

Ah, ok, we are doing DCL out of NYC but next fall as well. Hopefully things will be easy enough for both of us! I will be interested to hear of your experience!

2 Likes

As I understand it, most of the requirements for Bermuda are set BY Bermuda, not the lines.

I understand that but I think @QwertySC is more active on cruise critic than I am and I believe she will see any changes before I will.

2 Likes

I am hit or miss, though I am visiting more frequently recently. Today I was trying to find information about passports and closed loop cruises. My friend just realizes her 11-year-old daughter‘s passport will expire in five months and her cruise is in two months. I believe she will be fine with a birth certificate if she can’t get the passport in time. she’s going on serenade of the seas out of Tampa.

2 Likes

I would think that this is fine? An unexpired passport will get you back INTO the US which is the need for the passport on the cruise. You only usually need the 6+ months left on the passport to get INTO other countries. Plus a closed loop definitely still doesn’t need a passport.

Additional point, my DS’s expedited passport took only 3 weeks back in March.

1 Like

Thank you.
Two great answers!!

1 Like

Unexpedited passports for our younger two only took 4 weeks in February! I was shocked.

2 Likes

No testing means a DCL cruise is back on the table for me next month! I’ve been piecing together different WDW/UOR combos in every which way, and it’s been a headache to get things to line up right and within budget. So tempting to abandon that for a cruise to make life simpler.

5 Likes