Casey's reopening soon?

New menu up according to this article. ETA: Mint julip lemonade? Yes, please! PHOTOS: Updated Casey's Corner Menu Suggests Possible Reopening at Magic Kingdom - WDW News Today

2 Likes

They have 5 days.

I’ll be watching.

It’s part of my Perfect Start To My Family Vacation plan.

7 Likes

Posted for you. Knew that you were watching!

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley:

1 Like

I need it to be open so that my DH & DD can get chicken waffle at SH while DS & I get hot dogs from here!

1 Like

We will be doing the same, provided Casey’s opens. Otherwise, all Sleepy Hollow all the time, picnicking in the #MKSacredSpace (@Sunshiney_Disney_Momma) or on the hub grass

4 Likes

Wishing pixie dust your way for the #MKSacredSpace to be available!

2 Likes

Back atcha!

1 Like

Hey… did Casey’s ever have mobile ordering? I know UOA is shutting down all MO, but Disney’s been using it pre-covid. I really like it. Now I’m hungry :yum:

Yeah I don’t understand removing MO - it seems like it is beneficial to the company too. But maybe packing people back into queues to order food will alleviate crowded walkways and restaurant entrances? I know when we were at Satu’li Canteen a few weeks ago there were throngs of people just standing around outside waiting for their MO to be ready (they would’nt let you in beforehand)

3 Likes

Yeah that was the only time I felt that there was crowding during my April trip. It was uncomfortably so, and I do think a lot of it stemmed from people just waiting for MO.

But then, my local Starbucks gets like this too.

Of course, it also could have been (and probably was) partly because people were waiting for members of their party to ride FOP, too.

3 Likes

The one thing I LIKE about keeping ppl out before their MO is ready is that I’m guaranteed a table instead of have to table stalk :rage: Last time at MK we couldn’t find a place to sit at Friar Tuck b/c it was full of ppl just sitting around in the shade. We had food and had to sit on a rock ledge near 7D

4 Likes

Yeah that’s possible. The crowd looked like this all the way around the corner to the FOP queue. But I’m pretty sure 90% of the people in this picture are waiting for Satu’li or maybe to get into that gift shop. Honestly, after seeing pics from the last week or two, I can’t say it was crowded for us. Looking at this pic, it really doesn’t look bad at all. But we we barely went out during during most of the pandemic, so being around people was weird for us anyways.

2 Likes

Oh right that too.

Gosh it will be nice for stuff to just be OPEN

4 Likes

Yes, Casey’s definitely had mobile ordering. I used it in August of 2019. I didn’t remember, but then my daughter reminded me that I did a lot of standing around and waiting near the back entrance of Casey’s that trip. :rofl: She’s right! Casey’s is my favorite, I love those corn dog nuggets, and though I know I can find them elsewhere right now, I don’t think they have fries with them in the other locations. So…I’m crossing my fingers.

1 Like

Casey’s for sure had mobile ordering pre Covid. We used it July 2019.

1 Like

Used MO in Jan 2020 @ Casey’s

1 Like

I have seen reports that they are openeing the regular walk up lines for QS now. So while during covid your only option was MO once they allow people the option to walk up and order on demand there should be a healthy balance of people in line vs people just hovering outside waiting. More like pre-covid. Hopefully that should help those crowding areas like outside of satuli. There were times when MO was down in AK while we were there and they allowed everyone to wait in line to order…it def cleared the area outside.

4 Likes

Rumor I’m seeing today is Casey’s and Harmony Barber Shop opening June 30.

1 Like