Car Rental Advice from JackOfAll

When is your trip? I have 8 days in August and I am now at $225 for a full size. I look 2 to 3 times a day.

1 Like

august 2nd to 12. I have been looking quite a bit too, just got the cheapest one yet on costco, but it didnt let me add any coupon codes. The actual alamo website lets you add in the codes but the price ends up being more!! right now my cheapest is 294, but ill keep searching

Mine is the 4th to 12th through Costco

1 Like

expedia and costco seem to be the cheapest so far

I want a 2nd driver and Alamo so I will stick with Costco. I found when I changed the arrival time after 12 and drop off time before noon it dropped the price.

I’ll try it!

1 Like

So I also looked into renting from the care care center at Disney, which means I would have to ride the magical express, and we’ve never done that, but wow!! what a difference in price!! about 100$ cheaper.

Yay! Did you check Dolphin too?

not yet!

1 Like

I have 12 days, July 11 to 23, for a Full at $335, a Full Size SUV at $399 and an offsite minivan for $440. I will probably end up with the SUV. My lowest price was with Autoslash at 40-50ish days before trip. It stated free second driver but not on any of the reservation itself so I have a SUV with Budget through Costco with second free driver for $430. I know I have 5 cars reserved at this time. I prefer a minivan but do not want to use Fox offsite.

1 Like

And you can add your Budget Pass through the Costco site now so you do not have to wait in their long lines now. Just know your Budget info for the garage pickup.

Where do you look 2-3 times a day?

I’m five months out and the cheapest I can find for 10-days of full sized van is $792. I’d love 10-20% off. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I book at Costco. I can rebook as many times I want. I have dropped about $150.

5 Likes

Keep looking, but the sweetspot for price drops on rentals seems to be around two to three weeks before you trip. Do you need a full sized van or would a mini van suffice?

2 Likes

There are seven of us plus luggage. A minivan may work but we’d have to pack so lightly and for a 10-day trip I have my doubts we could do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ive been looking at least once or twice a day, got one at the airport for 274, five minutes later it was 400. right now i book and rebook as soon as i see a cheaper price. My goal is to get a airport rental as close to 200 as I can. just seems more conveinant, we are gonna be exhausted on arrival day

2 Likes

Are you guys using incognito browsers? Do you notice if the price changes according to how much you are watching the prices? Heard this was a thing and wondered what you all thought.

I’ve tried both, doesnt seem to make a difference for me

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to matter to me either. My last trip I got a premium rental for under $230. Right now I have a full and premium at $228/260. I am a little over a month away and I am hoping I will get something closer to $200.

1 Like

Oh man, I’m jealous…
I was excited yesterday when I saw an offer for $692! It was the lowest I’d seen. I’m still a long way out so I’m waiting …

1 Like