Captain Matt’s probably live trip report — “I didn’t want to go to Disney World anyway”

Here in Washington, everyone is celebrating the cooler temps, return of the rain, and onset of fall. I’m the only one who still wants more summer. I never feel like it’s long enough or warm enough. Maybe I need to move back toAZ and the sunshine! :sunny:

3 Likes

How’d or How d’you?

(I was the only one not banned.)

3 Likes

Oh yeah. I forgot. I took this photo for the dumb Americans. This is what a toilet stall is supposed to look like. It’s called privacy, people.

5 Likes

I’m one of those weirdos that hate the sun and the heat. 35- 75 degrees and cloudy is my perfect weather. I don’t even mind the rain, although I prefer snow.
Maybe I need to relocate to the isles?
(As if I could. Trust me, I’ve looked. I’m one generation too far out for Irish citizenship by descent, and Britain doesn’t have that.)

4 Likes

I was never banned either. I’m kinda sad about it, honestly. :rofl:

4 Likes

I think I won. It was a contest, wasn’t it?

7 Likes

Same. :confused:

3 Likes

Me too. And I thought I tried too.

2 Likes

Me, too!!!

3 Likes

What a nucking fut.

1 Like

FTFY

8 Likes

Aw, thanks!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::slight_smile:

Except when you live in the deep hot south, that cold and damp trip to the UK sure does feel like a great break from the summer heat!

When we were in the Isle of Man a couple of summers ago (part of a family history trip!) I learned that the island used to be a big tourist destination for those in England. But then the advent of planes (specifically to Spain as the destination of choice, not Orlando, tho, you should write them about fixing that information for you) and no one really goes there anymore. We were also there in June, which meant it was extra quiet. It had all the lovely feels of being a tourist destination without all the crazy crowds. I loved it.

But also there was one day that it was wicked cold. And another day we went horseback riding and I was only wearing a tank top - that day from a hilltop in the middle of the island we could see across the water all the way to Ireland.

But I did never wear he pretty sandals I brought.

7 Likes

I had that happen at a half empty movie theater ages ago. I have long legs and am vertically challenged which means I sit short. A very large woman plunked down in front of me. I asked if she would switch with one of the children she had with her and she said no. I told her the height of her inconsideration was overwhelming and left to find a seat where I could see. Theater seating is staged better now.

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: Unfortunately today w/ buying an assigned seat you might be out of luck

1 Like

The Movie Tavern has assigned seats but not our AMC theater

Most of my trips to England have been in August. My relatives taught school and were off in August. I went once at the end of January. I thought I was on a warm island in winter. We had not been above freezing for a week when we landed in London. The grass was green and they had fountains flowing. Our fountains get turned off for the winter. Someone here told me it is damp over there. I replied we are too with our real feel temperatures adjusting for humidity levels.

I am not above checking the app and moving to an unsold seat if I were not comfortable where I was (I tend to reserve early and have serious issues with people who pick seats directly next to someone else when there are plenty of options. If I catch it ahead of time I go to guest services and have them move me.

1 Like

It’s happening! https://forum.touringplans.com/t/cruising-the-baltic-a-semi-live-trip-report/

5 Likes

Hi mousematt, I know this is late but I really enjoyed your whole trip report. :). I’m still booked on my “someday it will happen” Princess to Alaska cruise from 2020, then 2021, then 2022. Your report made me look forward to it even more. Sigh. I wish it were now. I hope your Canada then WDW trip is really great.

5 Likes