Captain Matt’s probably live trip report — “I didn’t want to go to Disney World anyway”

I wish all dog owners were like you!
I get irritated with the ones that let their dog into my personal space. DS is cautious of dogs, so he reacts if one gets near. I’m fed up hearing the owners tell him that is ok, they won’t bite. I always want to reply that my DS does, so you better get your dog away from him!! :rofl:

6 Likes

Same, Joe is terrified of dogs even now and the amount of people who let their dog jump all over a clearly upset child because “It’s ok, he doesn’t bite” is unbelievable. Control your effing dog!!

5 Likes

This!

Ds is completely terrified of dogs. Others always try to insist that their dog is harmless and I have to over explain that it doesn’t matter, ds reacts as if every dog will attack no matter how harmless it is!

2 Likes

My husband was attacked by a doberman as a child and as a result is terrified of dogs. It’s like PTSD. He can’t help it.
My youngest DS like dogs, but doesn’t get that all of them aren’t friendly and he has boundary issues. So when people let their dogs run off leash it’s scary for me. He would laugh and try to pet Cujo if he came running up to him.

5 Likes

That is terrifying and 100% inappropriate. Yikes! Side note your daughter must be really adorable!

3 Likes

She has super curly hair. I think that’s what the attraction was.

2 Likes

In 2014 someone who seemingly spoke very little English was taking up close photos of my almost 4 yo. I was so aghast. Speechless. We were in an ice skating show at Busch Gardens Tampa. It was awful. DH was a tow behind with other kids and unaware (or there would have been another Florida-man story).

2 Likes

People actually do do this with human babies, in normal times. I hated it. Always happened at the grocery store with my first.

1 Like

Edited: Americans do this. :slight_smile:

Saw this and thought of you @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

8 Likes

Some — many? — of you may be wondering: Why is Matthew so bitter and angry and miserable all the time? What the hell is wrong with him?

Well, let me explain.

I just took Calvin out for a walk. Today is the 27th August, which is in the middle of a season that in the northern hemisphere is called “summer”. This being Britain, of course I wore a light jacket over my t-shirt.

Well, outside it was cold. And rainy. And windy. And grey. I was cold — jacket notwithstanding — and damp and miserable. Calvin didn’t seem that bothered.

This is what a British summer is. Cold and damp. Don’t come here. It’s awful.

Now, we’re a stoic peoples, but we do ask one thing. One little thing. That once — maybe twice if we’re greedy — a year we be allowed to go somewhere warm and sunny. That’s all. Just that. We’ll pay for it ourselves. We’re not asking for any favours.

But, no. Not this year. Or last. Two summers we’ve been robbed of. While you damned people gallivant in Florida, enjoying blissfully empty theme parks because we’re not there, and glorious sunshine.

Hang on a minute, you all say. You just got back from a cruise! You’re in no position to complain. Well, here’s the thing. I was away for nine days and nights. And I saw the sun once. That one time. It was so jarringly noticeable that I even took a photo of it. Much like you might photograph the Yeti or the Loch Ness monster.

Nine days and nights away in mid-summer and the whole time it was grey and overcast and rainy and cold. I actually bought a down jacket at Anfield because I would have been doomed otherwise. That’s how cold it was.

So, yeah, if you’ve got questions about the British personality, this is why we are the way we are.

16 Likes

I won’t mention that we’re having a second heatwave at the moment :shushing_face::shushing_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

7 Likes

Does anyone actually wonder this??? We’ve been around long enough to know there’s no point in questioning it - we just accept you and go with it. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Just to spite you I’m going to be all cheerful now. How’d you like them apples?

12 Likes

In pie. We like “them apples” in pie with a side of ice cream.

9 Likes

What a wonderful change of pace! haha
Actually, i like your personality and think we’d actually get along quite well. You remind me of my godfather (who is much older than you are).

3 Likes

I also get gloomy without the sunshine, which is one reason I live in Arizona. Now, it’s not for everyone, and if you want sun without the heat I recommend San Diego, but for me it’s great to have natural light filtering through my office window almost every day of the year. And the temperatures are actually quite pleasant 8 months of the year.

4 Likes

I…I’m having a really hard time imagining this… :thinking:

9 Likes

Well maybe that’s because I’m always in the sunshine! :blush::sunny:

4 Likes

I think you and Calvin need a puppy :wink:

7 Likes