Captain Matt’s probably live trip report — “I didn’t want to go to Disney World anyway”

I was hoping for an @Heidelj takeover of this thread overnight, though I was hoping MouseMatt would wake up to 50 posts of this kind. Well done.

3 Likes

You people eat corn dogs. I’ve never understood how you think you’re in any kind of position to criticise the culinary genius of any other country.

Also, fish fingers, beans and fries? Yum!

7 Likes

Anyhoo, just had a lovely COVID soup hot-tub. Then I’m off for lunch at Hola! Tacos.

Shock confession: I have never had a taco.

9 Likes

Late I know, but that menu is not appealing to me at all.

I guess I’d have had the soup and the roast pork. Because I really wouldn’t eat any of the mains.

And as for the desserts, :cry::cry::cry:

It would have to be #14 from room service.

1 Like

I’ve got CNN on in the background (don’t worry, it’s all hurricane talk).

Question: Do you have to be a model to present on CNN, or are all Americans this good looking?

4 Likes

Yes, we are all that good looking. Thanks for asking.

22 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

7 Likes

I don’t know what any of this means.

It’s all quiet on the Rialto this morning:

I’m having a margarita, right?

What about the super-expensive tequilas?

11 Likes

Clearly not a plate of British food as those are clearly fries, not chips. They’re the only thing I’d eat on that plate though.

3 Likes

For guacamole I’d ask for just advocado, salt and lime…I find all the mix ins a little much…quesadillas are usually great. I’d skip the margarita and do just tequila…it’s a theme…”a little salt and lime​:joy::joy:” the hurricane is just getting started here. The waves yesterday were awesome! Hopefully a Category 1 won’t be too damaging. What’s making it a big deal is the full moon high tide and all the trees have leaves on them which makes power outages pretty certain.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Obviously!

What about them?? Did you enjoy them?? :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I don’t know what any of this stuff is.

But they owe me for the brandy debacle. If it’s expensive, I’m ordering it.

10 Likes

I will say it smells yummy in here.

12 Likes

Missed a page…can’t go wrong with tamales or burritos!!!

1 Like

Are all Mexicans this good looking? Wowzers.

My server actually suggested the most expensive tequila without me asking.

I will do well here.

15 Likes

Basically they bring you a selection of stuff, working their way through the menu. You can choose if you want, otherwise you let them take care of it.

£16.99 is $24.

11 Likes

I won’t be able to help you with the tequilas (they all take like paint stripper to me), but I’m very fond of Mexican food, so here’s what I would order…

From the sides… The queso fundito and the elote.
From the tacos - a con carne filling on a yellow soft taco.
From the rest - a chicken quesadilla.

I think I wouldn’t eat for a week after that.

6 Likes

That’s a lot of menu to get through!! I hope you brought a spare stomach!

3 Likes

I would try the chicken enchilada over any tacos. They are not real Mexican food w/o a rellenos on the menu.

1 Like