Captain Matt’s probably live trip report — “I didn’t want to go to Disney World anyway”

I adore Rubens. My favourite gallery in the Louvre is the Rubens Medici cycle. I love how the women randomly have their tits out.

This is one of my favourites. The women rowing have exactly the right expression on their faces. “It’s bad enough we have to sail this incredibly heavy wooden ship, but we have to do it with our tits out.

Here it is.

I’ve blurred it because I know how uptight you Americans are when it comes to the glory and natural form of nudity.

10 Likes

There are three adjacent restaurants that share the same corridor. One on the port side, one on the starboard side. And one at the back of the ship. They form a U-shape with the corridor down the middle.

2 Likes

So @Shmebulock, is this why you’ve been called Rubenesque?

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not compliment :sob::sob::sob::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, I frequently row with my tits out :flushed::flushed::rofl::rofl::rofl:

16 Likes

I’ve enjoyed three of the four groups of people I’ve met and chatted with on the cruise so far. The exception being the mean gay person.

Can you specify no gays?

1 Like

I have anxiety dreams sometimes where I’m randomly walking round with my baps out without realising :joy:

7 Likes

With that expression on your face?

6 Likes

That depends on the weather :cold_face:

9 Likes

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Continuing our tour of Mousematt’s favourite misogynistic paintings that make him laugh: Tiepolo’s The Rape of Europa.

Europa has exactly the expression on her face that you’d have if you’d been raped by a bull.

2 Likes

Off to theatre.

2 Likes

I am wholly certain you can NOT specify that.

1 Like

That is a perfectly stupid painting.
It has nothing to do with the wardrobe malfunctions (a common theme on this thread).

What exactly is this means of conveyance? It’s puny and overcrowded. And where are they headed? Hell?

1 Like

8 Likes

LOL ing

1 Like

I need to bleach my eyes.

1 Like

It’s allegorical. Marie de’ Medici is handing over power to her son Louis XIII. She had ruled as regent during his childhood.

5 Likes

Oh. Sure. Now I see it.

:unamused:

4 Likes

This cruise ship is bullshit.

The theatre show was painful. Literally. My Apple Watch sent me these:

It was basically two guys singing Italian duets — very well — at wildly unnecessary amplification. With almost no dance sequences or other visual interest.

It was pretty when the dancers were there:

After it was over (30 mins) I went to L’Atelier for a calvados. It was closed. At 10.45pm. Guess who forgot he was on the temperance barge.

16 Likes