Captain Matt’s probably live trip report — “I didn’t want to go to Disney World anyway”

Maybe you were grinding your teeth together during the annoying announcements. Don’t blame the wine!! :scream::laughing:

6 Likes

A friend of mine recommended Little Miss Sunshine. There is a sequence where the car horn on their van gets jammed. It goes on for a really long time. I flew into a rage over it.

5 Likes

I’m watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

The contestant just used “phone a friend”. As a result he moved from £32,000 to £64,000.

How much money — if any — should he give the friend?

3 Likes

I always thought that half of the increase would’ve been a fair amount. So in that case, £16k.

2 Likes

I know Joan was just a teenager. Mary was definitely much older. I don’t know much about the ages of Marie Antoinette or Anne Boleyn.

2 Likes

I messed up the question.

This is it: Who was the OLDEST at their time of death?

• Joan of Arc
  • Anne Boleyn
  • Mary, Queen of Scots
  • Marie Antoinette

0 voters

NO CHEATING

2 Likes

Can I Google it now that I’ve voted???

2 Likes

All I knew was the Joan of arc was not the answer

3 Likes

Joan of Arc 19
Anne Boleyn apparently not known exactly: 28-35
Mary, Queen of Scots 44
Marie Antoinette 37

I got it right, though Marie Antoinette lived longer than I thought.

6 Likes

• A
  • B
  • C
  • D

0 voters

2 Likes

I know nothing about art.

1 Like

I voted because I don’t know the answer yet.

2 Likes

I am blindly guessing too.

3 Likes

So - the time I booked MSC - cancelled for a road trip - I was Fantastica scum. The Aurea perks of “spa” and location don’t offer me much with my large travel party.

I have slightly lined up for dining on cruises. Usually it’s just a momentary queue for requisite hand sanitizer. Or if I queue too early.

Anytime dining does not appeal to me. I like precise timing of meals. I like schedules in general. It keeps me from wasting time.

Anytime dining is also a gamble with a party of 8 or 10 as it can quickly feel like Applebee’s as you have to wait for a table. I’d rather wait a few minutes for my guaranteed table.

What I don’t understand is how are the scum dining in the same dining room you have been in? Is it that your seat is held for a certain number of hours? And you can come at any time you would like? On most ships the any time dining occurs in different MDR‘s than the scheduled dining.

4 Likes

Mine is a guess based on the fact that I think who I voted for is much older that the others. But I could be completely wrong about that :rofl:
PS I have no idea when the Dutch Golden Age was 🤷🏽

3 Likes

They’re not. We have our own dining room. With tables. They have theirs with the trough.

1 Like

Nor did the contestant. Nor did either of his two phone-a-friends. Nor did the host (who he could ask). He walked away and took the money.

The answer was D van Eyke. I was wrong.

6 Likes

I was wrong too.
I went for Rubens. It’s hard to tell what kind of age his paintings are from because noone is wearing clothes!! :rofl:

Funny that Rubens comes up after all the weight/image chat from before. I’ve been described as Rubenesque, which I’m not sure is a compliment. :flushed::grimacing:

3 Likes

??

I forget things have changed since the Tarrant days. I haven’t watched it in years. I’ve only seen Clarkson present it once.

Ok. I thought as you were leaving they were lined up for yours.

When I’ve taken cruises with friends we sign up for table mates. I’m guessing that idea horrifies you.