Captain Matt’s probably live trip report — “I didn’t want to go to Disney World anyway”

Oh - I get it. :+1:

I genuinely hope he enjoys cruising. I prefer it over Disney any day. I mean in the Caribbean. I’m not really into antique castles.

3 Likes

My mother was born in New Jersey, moved as an older child to Alabama and then onto Florida for the next 12 years of her life. She embodies “does the baby have a hat” and always thought words were cheap.

Personally I find the Washington DC area very tough in this respect. So many people are friendly individually, but everyone is so busy it has always lacked a sense of community and focus on the small things that are common courtesy (but I am from the south).

2 Likes

In my brief sixth months living and working in London after college, my closest friend at work studied Maths at Oxford and went on the become a professional comedian. It was brutal. Good thing my other friends were Aussie nannies.

I hope you have a lovely time! Glad you are able to do this. Looking forward to the pictures.

4 Likes

Ooh, anyone famous??

2 Likes

Hey! Safe travels today @sanstitre_has_left_the_building. Hope dropping off Calvin goes well and that there are no traffic issues :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

If there was I’m sure you would have :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My DH didn’t have trouble with the WiFi though so there’s a chance.

1 Like

Literally laughed out loud at your insult :joy::joy:

3 Likes

News update

Calvin dropped off. Not too traumatising. No panic attacks to report.

Suitcase packed. House checked.

Just going to change into fresh clothes then off to the car to head off for the first stop: my favourite drive-thru McDonald’s, which is about halfway between my house and Liverpool.

Currently on schedule.

26 Likes

Have fun!

1 Like

I’m intrigued. What makes one McDonald’s drive through different to another one?? :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Arrived Maccy D’s.

17 Likes

Maybe I’ve misunderstood the concept of a drive through :laughing:

16 Likes

It on the way to a number of places I like to go to. It’s a very convenient stop-off point. It’s clean and well-run.

The line for the drive-thru was enormous.

12 Likes

We generally pronounce it as Mickey D’s ironically.

7 Likes

Back on the road in a minute …

ETA 3:30pm — bang on schedule. (About an hour and a quarter.)

12 Likes

Paul Foot

I know that is what he still does for a living but I am not sure his level of fame.

Brutal was probably a bit harsh as he doesn’y make things personal. But I do feel fully exposed to the receiving end of British humor!

4 Likes

Is that your car, parked on the freaking line?

6 Likes

have a great time @sanstitre_has_left_the_building! happy to read calvin’s drop-off went well.

2 Likes

Arrived Liverpool. 15 mins late due to disagreements between satnav and road signs.

My room:

My view:

Am headed here:

27 Likes