Cancelling Our October Trip

DW and I decided to cancel our October trip. We’ve been 90% there for awhile so while not a surprise, actually pulling the trigger is tough :frowning:

We will try to reschedule for May and hope that the world looks a different then. We also are planning to go in October 2021 with DW’s family (sister’s family, brother’s family and her parents), but reservations haven’t opened for October yet. So maybe I will have 2 WDW trips in one year for the first time!

Just posting to vent my disapointment to all my Liner friends.

13 Likes

I am sorry! I hope your next two trips will be great.

1 Like

Sad— I feel your pain!

May will be here before you know it. And hopefully a less stressful time planning.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I’m sure its sad right now but so much to look forward to!

1 Like

:sob:

1 Like

Totally understand! IMHO - It’s the right call. (Not only for COIVD, but to experience the parks as intended / imagined!)

3 Likes

that’s a bummer. sorry to hear. keeping fingers crossed that both trips next year will work out!

1 Like

So sorry. It’s never an easy decision.

1 Like

Also today I found my notes from back in April when I made ADRs (which of course were cancelled by WDW long ago).

So sorry! We cancelled our Oct trip a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised that I was surprised how gutted I was over the whole thing. Feelings man. I was not prepared for them.

3 Likes

That sucks. I’m sorry.

1 Like

WDW will be there. Don’t worry. We’ll leave the light on for you amigo.

9 Likes

Quicha is the best.

3 Likes

We have a trip in December that I anticipate we will be canceling. I will keep my options open for a while, but I don’t feel confident about going if things don’t change, for the better.

2 Likes

Aw shucks… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry about your trip. I feel your pain :heart:

2 Likes

I literally just booked one for December. Heres my reasoning.

1. FL had warm weather in October and November. So people are outside, limiting the transmitting. Also, not HUGE tourism season.
  2. In 3 - 4 months Im hoping were in a better place. Masks really are a game changer in community spread and it looks like Disney is doing a good job, unless they make masks optional.
  3. Attendance will be lower this year, either by mandate or by people not wanting to travel.
  4. I need a vacation. I am worried about going to most destination spots. We’re so isolated at home I don’t want to isolate on vacation.
  5. And from what I’m seeing, Disney is doing a great job. Heck, it’s safer then going to the grocery in my area.

It’s all about personal preference, and Im a die hard, conservative thinking, mask and social distance advocate (yes, we exist).

6 Likes

Yeah, @Keith718 and I just canceled our October trip :sob::sob::sob: we’re currently texting about how unfair it is that we can’t just be at Disney right now. Sigh.

6 Likes

:frowning:

I so enjoy your trips. This is sad news.

4 Likes

So sorry. :sob: We cancelled a September trip and our next trip is also in May. Echoing the hope that the world looks different (in a good way!) by then!!

1 Like