Cancelling Our October Trip

I feel like Im happy to be in Disney. Was craving b4 this happened. And really, Disney is doing a better job than most local governments.

2 Likes

I am inconsolable. Distraught. And utterly bereft.

Hopefully, though, we can safely take our March '21 trip instead.

6 Likes

I hope to go. We had a bounce back offer at POFQ that has been price protected since POFQ isn’t open, to room at GDT.
Our trip last October was unbearably hot, so looking forward to cooler temps.
We are so isolated at home, haven’t seen DGDs and DD and DSiL since early January. We are wearing masks and social distancing.
I need this vacation. I will watch and wait. May book refundable plane tickets.

2 Likes

We were probably there the same time. Our trip last October was on the hot side for an October in Orlando.

1 Like

This is so tough. Sorry. We live near my parents and my in-laws so have been lucky to be able to see them outside with masks and distancing. We didn’t see them, however, from March until early June and are already thinking about how we won’t be able to visit with them this winter.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I know this is such a hard decision. We were supposed to be there this week but am looking forward to July 2021.

1 Like

According to a CM at POFQ, it was the hottest in 90 years when we were there, the last week f October.

1 Like

Thank goodness for video chat. At least the 23 month old will recognize us. The 4 year old understands that it is not safe for grandparents to travel. Understands but is very sad.

1 Like

We were there last October too, right before Halloween and it was miserably hot, YUCK! @illini74

2 Likes

I feel for you - I just cancelled our October Hawaii trip, which was a re-booking of our cancelled May trip. TBH, I booked it simply because I was seeing great deals on points reservations and it was all totally refundable.

Now booking for next May on the same basis. :grinning:

1 Like

I just officially cancelled our October trip, which was a reschedule of Spring break.

We’ve known for a while we weren’t going, but I kept holding out a tiny sliver of hope…so much for that.

I have no idea when we’ll feel comfortable booking a trip. I hate not having a vacation to look forward to, it sucks big time. But my family is healthy and neither of our jobs has been impacted, so I’m not going to whine too much!

2 Likes

Feel your pain. We cancelled our August trip that was supposed to start one week from tomorrow. Not sure when we will be back as our next trip is Hawaii next year.

1 Like

I totally get it. We cancelled our Sept trip :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh, finding those ADRs makes it feel even worse, I’m sure. But there’s no use going if the worry overshadows the fun.

Here’s hoping for a super 2021!

1 Like

I just cancelled October as well. That was the trip I planned to make me feel better about cancelling my June DLR trip. So as I cancelled the October trip, I immediately had to start planning a March 2021 (will try for DLR again).

It is a gut punch to cancel, so I keep planning something else for when I think it will be better. It gives me a light at the end of the tunnel. Please let the March 2021 be better!

5 Likes