Can We Talk About Airport Transportation Options?

They have a Facebook page called cast and crew transportation. You can post on their wall to make a request. If you note the urgency, they should respond quickly.

1 Like

We are planning the same…can I ask you how long before your filght did you get your lyft? We just got TSA precheck and were wondering what the turnaround time was in MCO.

1 Like

Flight was at 5:45 pm. I was at the gate more than 30 mins before boarding time. TSA Pre had no line.

Awesome…Thanks for that!

I did a lot of research on this, which is how I ended up renting a car during my spring break trip. An Uber XL must have seats for 7 passengers, which includes the driver. Depending on COVID protocols, you may or may not be allowed to sit in the passenger seat, which means space for 5 people. A LOT of Uber XLs are third-row SUVs, which means there is no space for a family of 4 AND your luggage. I ran into a lot of issues trying to find a Lyft XL in NYC for my family of four and our four pieces of luggage.

1 Like

I am giving Ian Lowdermilk who runs “We Drive Transportation” a try. Found him in the Ear For Each Other group. He has been there for a two months now, used to ne in Disney transportation, and gets good reviews. Hopefully the customer service stays!

Honestly if I Ubered right now it would be $60 for Uber and $75 for Lyft. So I figured why not. And it will be nice to not to have to wait for the bus and go to multiple resorts.

But:

We leave at 7:30 pm on a resort- only day where we are spending time at DS. This is tempting!

I’ll report back on my experience!

3 Likes

I’ve taken that $2 bus from the airport. It takes fooooorrreeeevvvvvvvvveeeerrrrr. I’m a big supporter of taking the city bus from a Palm Pkwy hotel to DS or the TTC, but to the airport… no way. Your time is worth more than the savings.

2 Likes

Okay- will cross that one off my list! Thanks :blush:

2 Likes

Has anyone had any rrcent experiences with mears direct from the aiport to resort…curious what the wait time has been and if it is worth upgrade to an uber or lyft for the ride?

Something I’m wondering for those who uber/lyft/drive to the airport: How do you deal with the uncertainty that there may be an accident on the roads that will cause a significant delay?

That would affect the busses too though. (I mean, I take one of the bus services usually, but they use the same roads.)

The only place that really comes into play is the DCL bus TO the port from MCO or a WDW resort for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. In that case, they would hold the ship for the final bus - and any cars (self-driven, Lyft, uber, etc.) that get there before the final bus luck into the ship still being there.

3 Likes

That can happen with a bus too.

2 Likes

Right, but busses leave at 3 hours early. Typically, those choosing alternative transportation adopt a much smaller travel window.

2 Likes

That’s the chance they take I guess.

1 Like

When I uber, I plan for plenty of time. I usually leave the resort two hours before my flight, if I have to check luggage. If I only have a carryon, I’d leave 90 minutes before flight but I have TSA precheck. *edit–I take that back, I think we’ve still left around the 2 hour mark when we’ve had carryons.

1 Like

You the rider choose your pickup time/time of ride request.

If you’re concerned about that (and I would be - I’m a nervous day-of traveler) you would just leave sufficient time

3 Likes

Ha. I leave at LEAST 2.5 hrs ahead, but more often 3. We left DS at 3p for a 6p flight with a rental. I’d rather sit at the gate than be freaking out waiting to check my luggage.

I’m a very nervous day-of traveler. It’s not the flying, it’s the logistics like these

4 Likes

I guess my question wasn’t clear. I’m asking how those of you who cut it so close to the wire for the trip to the airport (whether going to Disney or from) deal with the possibility that you could end up missing your flight.

I nearly shat a brick when I was delayed going into philly the one time(and I was 4 hours early and it was 3AM!), and I’ve experienced delays on MDE coming from Disney. I’m curious what your mindset(s) and backup plans are given you COULD find yourself on the wrong side of that timeline.

Cause all of this has me feeling like that Progressive commerical, and I’d like to not “turn into my parents”

5 Likes

If you aren’t living on the edge you are taking up too much space. LOL! I’d give myself more time during rush hour traffic.

See this?

This.

I don’t have one? I am at the mercy of the airline industry at that point and - contrary to my personality - would have to dig deep and roll with it.

But that’s why I’m not

this kind of person.

I get ugly under stress, and I can’t think of a less pleasant way to close out a trip.

My ex-SF once went ballistic on all of us at the airport at the conclusion of what had been a wonderful extended family trip. What do I remember most about that trip? That horrible ending.

4 Likes