Can’t Never Could, quick last minute WDW weekend

17 Likes

These pics are so cute!!

4 Likes

Last morning of a wonderful but fast trip. Got a last minute reservation at Topolino’s Terrace for breakfast so we loaded up and headed there. It was easy and delicious. We were not there very long but saw all of the characters except for Daisy. And our server offered to bring Daisy by but we declined. I had the avocado toast and my bff had the quiche. Our server was happy to add a side of potatoes to my order and a side of bacon to my friend’s order. It is an expensive meal but includes juice and coffee, pastries, and the atmosphere is lovely. So I’d do it again for sure.

15 Likes

I’ve been admiring your ?headband the last couple of days.

Can you tell me about it?

3 Likes

What a great trip and motivation to book a last minute trip

3 Likes

Yes! Thanks! It’s from stony clover lane and they are on sale for $40 right now. It felt very expensive to me but now I want a couple more of their patterns.

5 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve never heard of that company before :slight_smile:

Is it comfortable? Does it slide off? Pinch?

1 Like

Very comfortable. It does slide a bit and was very tall feeling. I started to call it my crown. I took it off on fast rides but it never fell off in normal park navigating.

2 Likes

Ah. Good to know. I’ll sit this one out.

It looks fantastic on you though!!! Love it!

2 Likes

Back in the real world! I’m sitting in a room of (mostly) napping children at my preschool. :slight_smile:

Final thoughts:

Caribbean Beach -
Pros:

• So quiet… I could hear our neighbors yelling as I passed their outside door, but from inside our room I couldn’t hear anything through the walls. There is a wall a/c unit which is loud, but that was more like white noise in the night, and helped me sleep.
  • Proximity to skyliner and Riviera. Primo Piatto is so delicious, and having it close was amazing, along with the other skyliner adjacent areas.
  • Comfy Bed - probably more comfortable than my last beds at Yacht Club or Boardwalk
  • Bathroom door - I like that you can close the sliding doors to the sink area in the bathroom. Additionally, there’s a door to the toilet/shower area.

Cons:

• We were there three nights and never had Mousekeeping service. There was a sign in the room that they’d come every other day, but on our second day when they hadn’t been there by 3, I asked for more towels and coffee. They then stopped by a little later and we were showering so we got the towels but no service.
  • The resort is so big and sprawling that it can take a long time to get to a bus stop or the skyliner depending on where you’re staying. And the internal bus route can take a long time to get to Aruba, the sixth stop. We avoided this by either getting off at Port Royale and walking, or using the Riviera bus, but that is still a lot of walking.

Crowds were so low! We truly caught a lull between two very busy weeks, so it was amazing. The staffing was high and things were moving on all cylinders, but the crowds were lighter. We also had good luck with buses and other transportation and never waited long to go anywhere.

I had a wonderful time and am so glad we decided to do this a few weeks ago! I’ll be back in the world April 18-21 with two other friends, one of whom has never been to an amusement park of any kind. I know I’ll be doing the planning and guiding for them, which is also fun, but less relaxing.

13 Likes

:astonished:

I don’t know if I could handle this responsibility! :rofl: Actually, I would LOVE this.

What will you give them as a first impression?? Which ride will you take them on first??

4 Likes

I don’t even know how I would prep someone who had never been to an amusement park?! They must know what a roller coaster is but I can’t wrap my mind around not knowing anything!

5 Likes

I have given this so much thought. It’s funny how other liners are also intrigued because nobody else has asked me this in my real life.

We will arrive at 10:45 and I’m renting a car with Hertz so we can skip the line and just get in and go. Current plan is to eat “breakfast” with an 11:55 reservation at 1900 Park Fare then head to MK and start with 7dmt. We’ll see how my friend feels about that ride and adjust up or down with intensity as needed. Then we plan to ride as much in fantasy land as we can before the 3:00 parade.

I know there are so many things that could throw off the start so I’m going be as calm and zen as I possibly can and pivot where needed.

5 Likes

Just curious what the age is of this first-timer friend?? Have they never been to a theme park just because of lack of interest, or what?

1 Like

They were raised by wolves, obviously

5 Likes

She is 25. Long story but she’s from Ghana and got scholarships to come to the US for her masters degree and now has a big corporate job here. She goes to church with me and another Disney loving friend, who decided we should take her. I never turn down the opportunity to go! I am about to turn 47 so much older. Hope I can be like a cool Aunt figure in her life since she doesn’t have any family close by.

7 Likes

Ahhhh okay that makes sense. This is so exciting!!

1 Like

Ah this makes more sense than my wolves theory :wink:

Very cool - I love that you’re her cool auntie :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is so awesome! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

2 Likes

I’m late in catching up on your trip report, but it looks like a fabulous time! So glad you got to go with your friend!

1 Like