Can’t Never Could, quick last minute WDW weekend

Soarin opened at 917 and we were in b1, so that was great! Next stop, connections cafe for coffee. Shortest I’ve ever seen that line.

10 Likes

We saved the galaxy, and got One way or another. About to save it again with an ill. And our frozen concerted to a mep so I rebooked frozen.

15 Likes

Second time we saved the galaxy we got I Ran. Then got a cute spirit jersey at connections.
Then brunchcot for avocado toast. Delicious!

Then, la Cava de tequila! I got the wild one. Delicious!

15 Likes

Great start despite the rain!

Are you one of the ones in the front on GOTG?

3 Likes

A lot of people get that one. It is very, very good!

2 Likes

yay! Love last minute trips, love “friend” trips, love a trip reports… and you’re killing it already!

5 Likes

Yes! I’m in the purple shirt.

3 Likes

What a chill Epcot day. I guess that makes me thankful for the rainy start. Waits were the lowest I’ve seen in a while.

After our la cava stop, we rode the gran fiesta tour and had a boat all to ourselves.

Next we stopped to meet Anna and Elsa. I direct a preschool and wanted to send a picture back for my little friends at school. There was no wait at their meet! What!? That blew my mind.

We followed that with a ride on frozen and some food from Germany. Delicious potato cakes and strudel

A quick stop at guest experience got our MEP switched to magic kingdom and now I will head to the room to rest and stack for the evening.

17 Likes

Sounds like a great start

3 Likes

How adorable are you in your skort? Great park outfit!

4 Likes

:scream: Craziness! Lucky for you though!

1 Like

Thanks for taking us along for the trip. I am enjoying following along!

2 Likes

That’s my favorite! You done good!

3 Likes

Well it has been a nearly perfect afternoon/evening at magic kingdom

We started with meeting Mickey and doing a Main Street photo pass. Our main st photographer was awesome. She knew that fireworks would be starting soon from the stage show so she timed some great pics with them in the background.

Then we started with jungle cruise and rode our way around the park just booking/riding. Wait times were low but we used genie plus. We even got to 7dmt right as it was coming up after a closure and only waited 20 minutes for that!

We took a break to have pork nachos at the Polynesian before coming back to ride tron. To give you an idea about the crowd levels, we were able to book a virtual queue from the 1:00 drop after 5:00.

Then I FaceTimed my dd17 for a few minutes before getting some plaza ice cream and heading back to the room.

Ended the night with two mep on our hands and did a chat with a kind cast member who has moved them to HS for us tomorrow. That shocked me because I chatted with a cm on my January trip and they would not transfer one pass to the next day. Weird.

Tomorrow we’ll start with breakfast at Primo Piatto and head to typhoon lagoon. We’ll do holllywood studios in the afternoon/evening.

15 Likes

All sounds heavenly!

5 Likes

Did you use room request?

4 Likes

I called with my room request about a week out from our stay, and our first assigned room was in Trinidad, which was opposite side of the resort from what we wanted (but would have been an updated little mermaid room). So when our room ready text came, I called resort services to see if it could be changed, and they had someone from CBR call me back and they happily changed me to a room close to my requested spot.

5 Likes

We have spent the morning at Typhoon Lagoon. I am not a huge water park person but this has been fun and relaxing. We spent the first hour riding all of the slides (except for the kowabunga one which is a straight drop). Then two laps in the lazy river and now snacking and lounging. I really like the vibe here. It’s very clean and though there are lots of people here it’s not hectic feeling. It would be perfect for a kid in the 8-12 age range I think. Or at least when my dd was in that season of life, she would have enjoyed this far more than the parks.

12 Likes

Headed to HS around 4 armed with 2 anytime mep. Rode TOT, MmRr, met Olaf, st, mfsr, and the three Toy Story rides, all by 645. Then we had an overly long dinner at roundup rodeo. I was pretty hangry when we got there and it took our server 25 minutes to greet us. The food was fine, I really enjoyed most of the sides and the brisket was delicious. But not sure I’d do it again.

Photo dump below! I’m the one with the petrified face on TOT while everyone else enjoys themselves.

I’m on a bus heading to MK to finish off the night. My bff is heading back to the room. There’s two more park hours and I want to wander there and see where I end up.

13 Likes

16 Likes