Can anyone help? Why do you need FP for rides you hopefully plan on riding first in the day?

Why do you need FP for rides you hopefully plan on riding first in the day? Ex, if you get to the MK park when it opens and the first thing you do is ride the Peter Pan’s Flight. Why does the touring plans suggest to get a FP for this ride? And others, please explain.

Peter pan gets long lines from the start.

1 Like

insurance policy. as noted above some rides get long lines from the moment the park opens. Last time we were there PP had 80+ minute lines until LATE at night - and we were there on a slow day. Also - hey if you get there and don’t need - just ride twice.

Another reason I’d do it that way is if there are more than 3 things I want to use FP on and that’s a priority… if I use a FP shortly after RD (and get on the MDE app as soon as we tap the first Magic Band at the 3rd FP) then the chances of getting a 4th for something “good” later on are much better than if I couldn’t even try until noon.

1 Like

Personally - I am so over all the planning that needs to be done at WDW. I get it, I’ve done it etc. But basically something else needs to be done - this is supposed to be a vacation.

5 Likes

I feel your frustration… I was unable to get any ADRs for any time of day at BoG or Akershus at 180+6 and several of the days are CL 4 or lower. I was trying to Akershus (any time) on a CL 2 day at 180+4!

2 Likes

I’m with you there. I will plan in ADR’s and the required FP’s and after that we play it as it comes. I can’t be doing with a military operation for my holiday!

2 Likes

We’re actually going to UK in the next few weeks - not nearly as much planning for that as for WDW. HA

3 Likes

Try Disneyland if the planning gets to be too much. They don’t even post the hours until 6 weeks before you visit. I am going next month (and have been many times) and actually miss the planning involved. But I get that many don’t like it. Disney is more like an adventure destination, for a relaxing vacation we go to Hawaii. :wink:

3 Likes

Oooo where are you going? And what have you planned??

We do want to do DisneyLand - it isn’t that the planning is too much (I am a Project Manager - so I was born to plan) just don’t like to overplan - it takes the spontaneity and magic out of it.

2 Likes

Ha…you’re right about it being an adventure destination! I think because we go for a couple of weeks, we can spread it out, I may be a different planner if I went for a shorter trip!

1 Like

So we are staying in London - South Kennsington. Planning all the basic tourist things
1 - London Eye
2 - Westminster Abbey
3 - St Paul’s
4 - Tower of London / Tower Bridge
5 - Globe Theatre
6 - Going out to Bath one day
7 - Doing WB Harry Potter one day
8 - Tea at Harrod’s - may also do Tea at the Shard (open to suggestions)
9 - Churchill War rooms.
10 - Aladdin show

And then whatever tickles our fancy. We really enjoy just “messing” around as well. Yes we plan the major activities and then also just let our noses lead us. We want to just experience London and whenever we have traveled abroad - we have so much fun just going into local shops, bookstores, eateries and just “being” instead of seeing every last museum etc. (Although my wife would love to see Sunflowers at the National Portrait Gallery). Our kids will be going as well (actually our 10 year old suggested it). So have a 10 and 14 year olds with us. Both very engaged with travel. If you have any specific suggestions let me know. Will be going in a week or so for a wk

Sounds like you have a lot covered. Next to the London eye they do Duck tours, I’m sure you’ve heard of them (?) the amphibious bus that goes on the Thames and then a tour round Houses of Parliament/Big Ben.
Tea at the Shard might be a better option than Harrods, though do try and visit the food court in Harrods, it is amazing. And they do have a champagne bar there too! The store Liberty’s is worth looking through (much better than Harrods, in my opinion) it’s a beautiful building and sells unusual things.
Also, try one of the parks, St James’s park is lovely and it runs along side The Mall which connects Trafalgar Square with Buckingham Palace (if the flag is flying, the Queen is at home :wink:)
Petticoat Lane has a market and interesting shops.
Bath is lovely…so much Roman history and the town is beautiful.
I’m sure you will have a fab time, London is a very vibrant city :grinning:

Thank you!! Some additional tidbits that we will certainly try to do. We plan to take advantage of the various parks - we are staying just south of Hyde Park near all the museums. We are taking watercolors to do in the parks (we did that in Italy). We have heard that there are better places than Harrod’s for tea - but I guess still one of those things that people want to do. But we plan on doing several - so I will keep Liberty’s in mind. Like I said we love to just “mess” and be. We also plan to do the open market on Portobello Road. I’ll share your suggestions with the family and will let you know how it goes. Thanks so much!!!

1 Like

Sorry for diverting the topic!!!

1 Like

The Natural History Museum is one of my favourites.
I’ve had afternoon tea at the Ritz and it is a lovely experience, famous, old world charm hotel, very ritzy (sorry about the pun) there is even a dress code! And a piano player who takes requests, just don’t ask for a doggy bag (I did, and the waiter was somewhat horrified, and politely said no!)
Liberty’s don’t do afternoon tea, but they have a lovely little cafe.
Portobello road is a good choice.
I love the idea of you doing watercolours in the park :heart_eyes:
And you’re welcome!

These threads seem to have a life of their own sometimes and evolve!

Ha - yes they do have their own life. We were thinking of the Ritz and although we actually are one of a few families that likes to dress up - we decided against the Ritz due to the packing “cascade” it causes (well - this dress - will require these shoes and if it is cold - I will then need this jacket. Next thing you know the suitcase is filled with one outfit) Plus I would need a jacket and tie. But we had thought of going there (and a bit disappointed we won’t.

BTW - anyone who is above a doggie bag is too good for their own good!! I hate the thought of leaving behind fine food!

1 Like

For going to Harry Potter, take the combined bus/tour. You can depart on the bus from Victoria Station.

Also try the British Museum. It is free.