Can anyone help? Why do you need FP for rides you hopefully plan on riding first in the day?

@stb221 Thank you for the response!! We actually determined that taking a private car (w/ driver) was easier and actually cheaper. We basically wanted to go and stay as long as we wanted without having to get back at a specific time. Once done - we will just take the train back.

Yes the British Museum is on our list as well. We are staying in South Kennsington - just a few steps away from several of the museums (although not as close to the British Museum)

Thanks for the information though!!

I planned just as much (if not more) for my 2 week trip to the UK May 2016! Some people (me!) love the planning just as much as the trip, others (my husband!) donā€™t. I say people who go places with me benefit from my planning. I donā€™t run things like a military operation, but we also donā€™t waste time or wonder what to do. Advance planning can also save you tons of $!

May I suggest Fortnum & Mason for tea?

You may you may. Wife and son have looked at that and it is on our list. We have Harrodā€™s booked (I know a bit cliche but that is what they wanted). Are also planning TING at the Shard and then whatever else tickles their fancy. I am along for the ride and just looking forward to having fun with them.

The Shard is amazing! We did champagne there, as we were on our honeymoon. I miss London so much!

1. Bath is quite a long way from London ( about 3 hours by car)
  2. WB HP best to get the train from Euston to watford Junction ( takes about 20 minutes) not the underground to watford, there is a WB bus that then takes you to the studios.
  3. Tea: claridges is the best afternoon tea or Fortnum and mason, Personally I wouldnt do Harrods, paying more for the name rather than the food. YOu will need to book well in advance for both of these.
  4. one of the best days out I think ( and we live in Watford so very close to london) is to take the THames clipper river boat down to Greenwich and then walk up to the observatory.
1 Like

@claredyer
Thank you so much and first off - I think I speak for everyone as thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all as this is not only an attack on London - but an attack on human decency. I hope London and Europe are able to fight off this terrible foe.

• Yes - know bath is a bit of a ways out there. Taking the train from Paddington and think it is about 1:40 minutes.
  • We are actually taking a chauffeured car out and then taking the train back - but thanks for the additional information - I will take a look at that for our return trip.
  • Tea - Both are on our list - and will see if we can still book. I fully agree about Harrods - however wife and son want to do Harrods - so we are doing Harrods. I think we may also do Ting at the Shard. Wanted to go to the Observation tower - but think doing Tea may be nice as it takes care of a meal and the view at the same time. May be a bit more interesting - we will see.
  • I Like the idea of the clipper.

We do have certain things we want to do - but have left lots of room to ā€œfollow our noseā€.

Thank you so much for the additional information. Not only people on this forum - but anyone I have contacted in England (car, hotel, venues) has been exceptionally friendly, responsive and helpful. It is truly an elegant city filled with exceptional people. God Bless

1 Like

Oooo hello there! Iā€™m originally from Watford :grinning: Moved away about 10 years ago, where abouts are you?

Thank you for your lovely words! :blue_heart:
I really hope you enjoy your time over here, London is a great city :grinning:

If you value not having to plan things out in advance more than you value not waiting in long lines, then you donā€™t have to plan anything for WDW.
I personally find it very rewarding putting the time in to create touring plans, get FPs and book ADRs in advance so that I donā€™t have to spend more than 15 minutes in line for anything even on the busiest of days. 70 minutes for Peter Pan or 90 minutes for 7DMT are not lines I want to be in!

I didnā€™t get a CRT ADR for any day at any time at 180+7 or any ADR at any restaurant where my child will actually eat the food for dinner one of my days, with moderate (predicted) crowds (although I suspect the crowds will be terrible based on the lack of ADRs)ā€¦ so I feel your pain on the ADR front. Hopefully the res finder will help us both!

CRT is really TINY and tends to take most people longer (which further reduced the number of available spaces), so lack of ADRs there really isnā€™t a good indicator of crowds, IMO. Itā€™s also kind of a unicorn for many folks, as far as it being a notoriously hard to get ā€œmust doā€, and that drives demand artificially high (in that itā€™s always hard to get, even on minimal CL days). Thatā€™s also the case with BoG, even though itā€™s pretty big and the meals donā€™t take as long.

I think a better indicator of general high crowd levels might be a lack of ADRs at Crystal Palace breakfast, or Tonyā€™s Town Square. An indicator of REALLY high crowd level might be a lack of anything at Liberty Tree Tavern, and if they donā€™t even have anything at the Plaza then the crowds might reach critical mass!

1 Like