California Grill starts new 50th Anniversary Special Limited-Time Menu on October 3rd Reservations start Sept 23rd

New Menu begins October 3rd

Reservations starting on September 23rd

The menu

UPDATE: PRICING

Price
Adult: $89 per person (ages 10 and up), plus tax and gratuity
Child: $39 per child (ages 3 to 9), plus tax and gratuity

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/california-grill/

4 Likes

I want that Souffle, but everything else is :woman_shrugging: - and I really just want brunch!!

2 Likes

That is an excruciatingly small menu.

1 Like

I am so afraid to open this in readable sizeā€¦ after lunch I willā€¦

Not for me. Iā€™d go if I could have all the desserts though! Well except the cheese.

So happy we got Oct 2! I donā€™t like Price Fixe menus - as Iā€™m a picky eater that canā€™t eat muchšŸ¤Ŗ (only Prix Fixe Iā€™m doing is CRT - because itā€™s breakfast, and I have never been)

2 Likes

am I blind or is there no pricing?

1 Like

No pricing yet, that Iā€™ve found.

1 Like

oh ok, cool. I thought I was losinā€™ it.

OK overall I mostly think Iā€™m okay with this. I see some of their really well-known offerings still here, and a couple of things that are fresh and new too. What they donā€™t tell us here (or did I miss it?) is what they are going to charge for this prix fixe experience?

I generally donā€™t like prix fixe though. It ties a guestā€™s hands in a way that, for me, takes away from the experience. Iā€™m thinking about my April visit when I had a sushi tasting dish and the wontons. Now a person canā€™t do that. And I almost never get dessert. Now I can skip it, and Chapek will eat it instead. Iā€™m not paying for Chapek to eat.

I also think prix fixe runs the risk of granting opportunity to pre-make too much stuff, and it worries me if things will be as good as theyā€™ve always been.

Depending on the price I may still go - I see things that I really enjoy - but once again I just need to say Iā€™m so absolutely OVER all the change (IRL and at WDW). This has been one of my tops for a long time now and I hate to see it change.

3 Likes

File under: if you have to ask, itā€™s too expensive (that goes for me too!)

I will not be surprised, based on Space220 pricing to see this upwards of $149/pp

Edited: and in fairness, this is roughly what I would probably spend for a soup-to-nuts up there at minimum. But before this I could spend that $149 MY WAY. That means two appetizers and no desserts.

2 Likes

Chapekā€™s Signature Move

4 Likes

Which is why @ninjasherrie needs to kick him in the nuts while she has the chance - and then charge him for it.

5 Likes

hahahahahahaha

ā€¦like he has ā€˜nutsā€™.

3 Likes

Excellent point.

2 Likes

Well he could always turn around and get a boot right in the olā€™ Lightning Lane

4 Likes

Might as well kick him in the ā€˜soulā€™ while youā€™re at it.

Guess he does have balls though, truthfully. Brass ones. It takes some stones to put a beloved company on everyoneā€™s s***-listā€¦Probably kept securely in the same vault as the Disney Home Movies. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Points out that she still has a 10/2 ADR for 2 people at 7:45pm that she isnā€™t using and we can arrange to drop/add (unless @LTinNC82 ends up wanting it).

That grand marnier souffle looks yummy, but I doubt it will be available when we are there on 10/1. I have been eyeing the creme brulee. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well color me shocked:

Thatā€™sā€¦ not bad pricing-wise.

9 Likes

$89 with no upcharge for steak?!

Iā€™m shooketh too.