California Grill starts new 50th Anniversary Special Limited-Time Menu on October 3rd Reservations start Sept 23rd

It feels like a trap…

…don’t…

…don’t do it…

DON’T DO IT!

DON’T!

ugh, seriously?

6 Likes

See I was gonna go that way but then it felt… forced.

Oh God I just did it again didn’t I?

4 Likes

Fine print under the Tomahawk Ribeye

Enhancement available for additional surcharge

1 Like

But the tomahawk is for 2 people, so you’re already going to pay $180 for that.

yeah, for 2 quitters maybe…

Winners order 2 of the steaks and eat each solo.

2 Likes

WAIT!

You’re telling me this is $89/pp for a full on dinner but the sparkly fireworks appetizers cocktail party thingie is $129/pp??

Now I’m really confused. And not trusting my own eyes.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the dessert event come with unlimited alcohol?

1 Like

Yes

Guests ages 21 and over can also enjoy such libations from the complimentary bar as California wine, beers and cordials.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/celebration-at-the-top/

Beer and wine (and cordials)

Still doesn’t nearly account for $40 additional bucks IMO

1 Like

But, you get more choice in what you eat. You aren’t limited to an app, entree, and dessert. You can eat all desserts. Or all appetizers. Or some of each. Of course, we don’t know yet what the food offerings will be.

Just looking at the current menu prices for alcohol, there are eight different wines where two glasses would easily get you over that $40 price point.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/california-grill/menus/

BTW personally, we went once to CG and felt the experience did not justify the price, so none of these options interest me at all.

1 Like

Your comment about Chapek reminded me…saw a guy in DL Saturday night with a shirt that said Chapek killed the magic. Ha!

4 Likes

It’s absolutely a fair point! I have to think it’s the alcohol and then you “pay” something for the experience.

Like here’s me with my 3-hour Merriest Xmas ticket for $209 when an ENTIRE DAY ticket is $149 or something wholly less than $209.

2 Likes

I think this is a good deal. I love the filet there and as long as I can still get the wontons i am happy. DW and I were there last week and spent $229, that was with 2 glasses of wine for DW and only 1 dessert before tip.

2 Likes

I really want to know what the chances are that this is still available mid February.

I kinda want to do this — mostly for the view — but I’d have to replace one of my existing evening plans and I don’t want to, lol. Also, I can’t be doing with the nonsense dress code. Last time I was there they told me to take my baseball cap off (at the check-in desk you go to before you’re even anywhere near the restaurant). I’m not a small child. And you’re not Victoria & Albert’s.