Cabins at FT. WILDERNESS

I dont know if you’ve watched the Tim Tracker vlogs on YouTube, but the video from yesterday they just visited fort wilderness. The focus is the horses but they check out some of the property. Neat to see what it looks like right now. They also have a full tour video.

1 Like

Did you have a car? We’re you staying in a preferred location?

When we have stayed at WL there were separate boats to WL and FW.

2 Likes

@jeremy_dmiller, we are getting ready to stay at FW cabins in May. Did you end up staying there? apologies for resurrecting an old thread. Do you have any feedback/info? We are only there for 4 days and will be in the parks most of the time. We also have a van we are driving down, but I’d like to rent a cart just because I think the kids will enjoy it (and I don’t want to walk any more than we already do at Disney.)

1 Like

No apology needed! Always willing to share our experience and hope ours can help you.

Yes, we ended up staying there is July, shortly after the reopen. We did enjoy it, it may not be a great fit for every trip, but it was great for this one. With shorter hours, we found ourselves at the resort more in the evenings. The extra room in the cabin, the full fridge, and just room to run for the kids right outside were all great advantages and made this a nice fit. Your hours in May look to be very similar to what we had last year, so I think the feedback applies still.

On the cart, YES! I would not do this place without one. Even with a van, not a lot of parking throughout, the golf cart is perfect for buzzing around and our kids loved it.

The only big negative we had with the Ft. was the food. I am not sure if they have opened anything else up, but at that time they only had the carryout open with Pizza, chicken, and ribs. They also had the pool snack bar open, but was not a dinner option. We made due and ordered carryout from door dash one evening, but this was the one area that was lacking.

We found the transportation fine, but ferry to MK can be long line coming and going at peak times. We got pretty lucky going, but coming back we did wait a little longer than you would have liked, but both times was at close, so to be expected.

A couple tips: Golf cart line can be long when they first open, I waited longer for this than we did any ride line, lol. Line was around 30-40 min and I got in line around 10 min after open. I have a feeling if you line up a little early, you’ll be ahead of the crowd. If your not getting it right at the opening time, I don’t think this is an issue.

Pool: if they are still limiting capacity, get there EARLY on the weekends. Weekends are busier there according to CM’s and the pool was at capacity the entire Sat we were there. Not much of an issue mid week.

Amazon Prime Now: Worked great for this trip. Used it twice to get supplies. Allowed us to take full advantage of the fridge in the cabin.

Overall, I am really glad we stayed there for that trip. While I am not sure we would stay again, for the right situation, I would not dismiss it either. Good luck and if there

2 Likes

Thank you! I just reserved a golf cart. We will be driving straight to the park rather than checking in to the resort first, so I would expect the line for the golf cart not to be as much of an issue mid-day or later (hopefully).
We probably won’t be eating at the resort restaurant much- we will eat big meals in the parks and then have groceries delivered to cook smaller meals/snacks in the evenings.
My kids pretty much eat chicken nuggets, pop tarts, and peanut butter :grimacing::woman_shrugging:t2:
I’m glad you enjoyed it. We’ve stayed at pop/art of animation exclusively over the past few years so I’m excited for a change of scenery.

2 Likes