Buying snacks for strangers

It’s odd what I think is embarrassing and what I don’t.

Buying, using and carrying a lady’s bag while at WDW wasn’t embarrassing to me at all. I was almost proud of it.

But trying — and failing — to cast a spell with what I was acutely aware was a fifty dollar plastic stick somehow crossed my line.

3 Likes

Yeah. I’m in Hufflepuff.

2 Likes

What you need is to try again in the company of a shameless adult who will giggle if you fail miserably and cheer when you get it right. I’ll let you know as soon as I book my trip amigo!

4 Likes

No no no, I have seen your shark snark sir, you are a Slitherin!!
:rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Does WDW sell doggie treats that you could buy for snack credits?

1 Like

I LOVE to spread Pixie Dust when I can. In DLR this past summer I was grabbing people that were heading to the standby line to come with me to the fp line. DLR no longer has paper fps but I had a ton on my phone when my family had ditched me to go back to the hotel. I got weird looks from some, but then just moved on to the next. One couple turned me down fairly rudely and then I moved to the couple behind them. The look on their faces when we past them was priceless. As for kids, I always go to the parents, not the kids. Also this past summer I gave a family that had two girls some Disney bracelets that were way too small for my wrists. I asked the parents if it was okay and then handed them to the parents to decide who got what. I also carry trading pins that I give to people (cheap ones bought in bulk on eBay). Don’t let a few skeptics ruin the fun of passing along pixie dust!

7 Likes

I LOVE this idea, although if they are not in line with you I would recommend getting something prepackaged and handing that out.

I love this thread, warms my heart!

I did wonder if there was a Liner Diner donation thread (I’m coining that!). Not sure how it’d work but could be a lovely way to meet other liners.

3 Likes

I like this. “Meet Profmatt! Get a free ice-cream!”

5 Likes

I can imagine the sandwich board now. :ice_cream:

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll fully admit I didn’t read the whole thread. But, this last week…

I had to extra Mickey bars I had grabbed for my guests, not realizing my friend from the Internet was lactose intolerate and I decided I didn’t actually want one.

So we went down Main St to find someone to give these two Mickey bars too.

Seriously, like so many people not only turned me down, but one asked me “are you trying to kill someone?”. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Finally found a lady with two kids. We don’t know if she actually let the kids eat them, we fully suspect she snatched them out of the kids’ hands and threw them away. When I asked her she glared at me and said “why are you doing this? What’s wrong with them?”

I just said “I bought them for my traveling party and didn’t realize two of the girls are lactose intolerant. We paid for them, but aren’t going to eat them”.

She was SO SUSPICIOUS.

But then?

Two days later in Epcot some random guy stopped and asked me if I liked the slushy I had in my hand (the grand mariner from France. Too strong, I was actually about to throw it away), and I flippantly said “oh it’s good, but STRONG, want it?”

And he took it and downed it. It was like he hit the jackpot! (I had taken maybe two sips with a straw) :woman_shrugging:t3:

So who knows. People are WEIRD. Including me.

6 Likes

They really are. It’s exhausting being the only sane one.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: