Buying snacks for strangers

6 Likes

I think you do it just how you said here. That would be lovely!

1 Like

That’s so kind! If you get a weird look (which I seriously doubt you will because it doesn’t sound creepy) just tell them you’re practicing random acts of kindness. Everyone loves a random act of kindness!

1 Like

Yes love this! Just like that! I don’t think anyone will think your odd. The “pay it forward movement” is pretty big.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if people did think it was odd and creepy. I tried to give away my dining package F! passes to about 20 different people and they looked at me like I was an axe murderer, they couldn’t get away quick enough.

1 Like

Well I guess where I see it most is anonymously in the Starbucks drive thru. Twice the car in front of me paid for my order. Amazing!

Well that’s different because you’re not approaching anyone to ask. If someone came up to me in a queue and asked if they could pay for me, I don’t think I’d say yes.

Yes, I had similar experiences during my first trip when I tried to give stuff away. For example, I bought an interactive wand at UOR but got bored with it within about two minutes. So I thought it would be a nice gesture to give it to a random kid. I’m pretty sure his parents thought I was a paedophile or a scam artist trying to rip them off.

1 Like

I suppose we all think the worst of people these days. It’s sad.

Maybe if you just state the truth- Hey, I have the dining plan and have way too many snacks for 1 person. Can I buy you an ice cream? That might make sense to people (if they understand the dining plan themselves).

3 Likes

Your right I wouldn’t either. I guess with it being anonymous. Also I bought the person behind me as well. Pay it forward! Make someone’s day.

2 Likes

The other “complication” is that I’d want to do it for someone who would really benefit from it. I’d hate to buy a family an ice cream each, and then discover they’re staying in a suite at the GF, having arrived in their private plane at MCO.

2 Likes

Maybe just walk around holding a sign that reads “If you can’t afford your ice cream, please come see me.”

Although, honestly, who can afford $5.75 ice cream…

5 Likes

Hmm. “Hugs for ice-cream. Apply here.”

3 Likes

Same thing back in the day trying to give away paper FPs when leaving the park. People literally pulled their children away from the “weirdo” who was trying to do them a favor.

2 Likes

Well
Maybe if there a family behind you— you can just tell
The CM you would like to use whatever snack credits for the people behind you. Then more anonymous and no actual discussion-just might make their day.

5 Likes

This was what I was going to suggest, helps remove the uncomfortable factor but might also get it to someone who needs it, bc people will likely pay it forward til it gets to someone who can’t with $ but will in an act of kindness kind of way. I love it, good luck I hope it works!

1 Like

I liked this idea because

But I don’t know how that would work logistically. I don’t know how the CM would do it. They’d need my MB to process the payment.

Yeah I wondered if you could pay for an item and ask CM to keep it in case and find someone to pay it forward to, but then wondered if they would forget and get in trouble if inventory doesn’t match? But maybe that’s simpler than I’m making it. Or maybe the CM themselves needs a Mickey Bar to eat on their next break!

I think they deduct your credits. You leave. Next person comes up
And the CM says that a nice guest already bought there ice cream or whatever.

Just a guess