Buying snacks for strangers

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

When we were on our last trip, we had so many DDP credits left over due to F&W and the fact the hubby and I both got sick and couldnā€™t eat much for a few days. I scouted out people eating around us and when I saw a family that caught my eye, I flagged down their waiter and asked if they were on the DDP (we were lucky that all the families we selected were not on the plan). Then I just told the waiter that we wanted to cover their meals with our credits. Worked without a hitch. Made us feel great to do something nice and the families were so appreciative too.
I would think you could do something similar with the snacks - just tell the cashier that you want to cover snacks for the people behind you. You might not have the ability to find out there particular situation but, I think you would still feel good knowing you did something nice for someone.
I hope you find a way to do thisā€¦would love to hear how it worked out! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done this kind of thing a lot- Iā€™ve given away subway passes, ski passes (those are worth BIG bucks), those little stamps shoppers can collect at the grocery store, etc etcā€¦ We used to give away FP all the time when they were paper.

Just talk to the people behind you in line (if they seem like likely candidates) and say youā€™ve got extra credits, would they like free snacks? Free snacks arenā€™t creepy, theyā€™re pixie dust!

3 Likes

I think if somebody just straight up offered to buy my snacks Iā€™d say no, thatā€™s ok (mostly just out of politeness - why should you spend money on a stranger who really doesnā€™t need it?) but if they said ā€œI have way more snack credits than I can useā€ Iā€™d be cool with that. Although I guess you run the risk of the people behind you also being on the dining plan. Are there, like, ice cream vendors? Could you just order 10 ice creams, have them take your credits, and then the vendor could just hand them out to the next 10 orders?

2 Likes

I think you should just go into the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Steeet on your last MK day and just shout ā€œfree Ice Cream for everyone!ā€.

5 Likes

I donā€™t like hugs, but for a Dole Whipā€¦

1 Like

DH and I tried to give another couple a pair of Expedition Everest FPs once (this must have been in like 2009) and they looked at us like we were crazy. They were getting in line - we thought weā€™d be nice and save them a long wait.

1 Like

I think you should buy a bunch of those caramel apples and just hand them out on Main Street like Oprah gave away all those cars.

6 Likes

You could also buy snacks and bring them home like bags of caramel corn from Germany. DD got several bags of goofy candy as we left. We used several SC in France and eat them before going to the parks in the mornings.

1 Like

Just make sure you ask for a 20% tip when you do.

1 Like

Changing the subject to your HP interactive wand, ā€˜cause I may have considered getting one myself more than once, why did it lose its magic so fast amigo?

It doesnā€™t lose its magic!!! Donā€™t listen to him!!!

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl:
Glad to hear amiga!

1 Like

We did this too and bought all sorts in MK from rice crispy cakes to big lolly pops ā€¦ the kids made gift bags along with a horde of trick or treat candy and gave them as gifts to there friends when we got home

Would I have to pay the tax on them, too :rofl:

I found casting the spells quite difficult, and even when they worked they just didnā€™t seem very magic to me. Well, no more magical than using a remote control to change channel on the TV.

And I felt very self-conscious about it, being a grown-up and all.

I think explaining about the snack credits is key. I would also try this at kiosks where most of the items are snack credit eligible, because otherwise it would just get confusing if they donā€™t understand the dining plan.

Oh Iā€™m a Mexican and I have no shame so I donā€™t think that would be a problem for meā€¦ but hard and unimpressive might.

@rebeecky says youā€™re full of puking pastiles thoughā€¦
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I should go straight to Slitherin for sharpening that knife.

3 Likes

I can totally understand this, but as a forty-three-year-old woman who happily dresses up and cast spells along with the kids, I think itā€™s loads of fun! Iā€™m a huge fan of getting lost in the magic and leaving all of my self-consciousness behind.

2 Likes

Slytherin is where all the cool kids hang out, anyway! :snake: