Buying AP early?

One last question:

If you buy your AP in 2022 for use in 2023, can you use it for discounts in 2023? I assume so, but the UOR website has this strange verbiage that I think means nothing, but sounds ominous:

Can anyone confirm based on prior experience?

January 1-3rd and the last two weeks of December are blocked out for Seasonal and Power passes.

1 Like

I would think so, as long as the benefits/discounts are still applicable to 2023 passes.

1 Like

I believe this is Universal’s way of ensuring that you realize that after Dec. 31, 2022, they have the right to change the benefits. Of course, they would be silly to change benefits dramatically, but they could alter them to their benefit in some way.

1 Like

Yes. While pass is good for year from date of use, AP benefits are set by universal on a calendar year basis. Once you’re in the new calendar year, you’ll get whatever benefits apply to your pass level in that calendar year, which they reserve the right to change. Benefits haven’t really changed in meaningful way for the last few years (unless you’re a big button collector)

2 Likes

Thanks all! That’s what I figured. I may go ahead and buy myself a pass since I’m going in May 2023 as well (later in the month though).

1 Like

I was just there and informed that renewal can only be done 60 days before current exsperation or less.

1 Like