Burning DDP credits

So I’m on the deluxe DDP this summer, which gives me 27 dining credits to use up.

So far I’ve scheduled 25, including three I’ll talk about in a minute.

I get three a day and on most days I’m doing one for breakfast and two for a signature dinner.

But I have some days at UOR so I’ve not managed to use all of my credits up with ADRs.

Recently I started getting creative. I booked Tony’s Parade Package with no intention of eating, just to get the primo viewing. Then I booked Sci-Fi Dine-In just so I could experience the place. I’ll have a milkshake and maybe some fries. Then I booked a BOG PPO — my real breakfast is later, so I’ll just have a quick snack and then head off to 7DMT.

I still have three more to burn. Anyone have any creative suggestions?

(I’m on a free dining package. There was a small up-charge to the deluxe. I’m definitely ahead financially. So I don’t mind “wasting” credits.)

Are you expecting to just use a snack credit to get in? If so, I don’t think you can do that. You’ll have to burn a full QS credit. That’s a rrrrreally expensive snack.

I’ll use a full credit. But, as I say, I have credits to burn.

From your description I don’t need to rush, so I might have a bit of bacon and a drink and a pastry or something. Just to keep me going till 10.30am and my actual breakfast.

1 Like

And don’t get me started on snack credits! I’ll have 18 to spend!

In December, I used them just to get little tasters. I had a pineapple upside down cake with Dole Whip (one credit: great value!) and a bottle of water (another credit). I had couple of mouthfuls of the cake and ice cream and then ditched it. It was all I wanted. Can’t afford to get too full before main meals.

Oh, and I agree with you on the refillable mug. I don’t get the point of that at all. I used mine once — at the time I got it — in December. Too much hassle going to the room, then the soda machine, then back to the room, just for a “free” soda.

1 Like

With your PhDisney, I’m not telling you anything new, but what about booking the dining packages for F! and ROL for the primo seating as well?

You could also make someone’s day and pay for their meal if you’re feeling especially altruistic :rofl: Sprinkling a little pixie dust on someone’s day may bring you some good Disney Karma!

2 Likes

Along with that, does ddp cover “packages”? I honestly don’t know.

As for your snack dilemma: hehe that’s easy. Use as normal and then on final day… all the Mickey cookies and rice crispy treats. ALL OF THEM!

1 Like

Yes DDP covers packages.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure. Never done the deluxe, but I’ve booked the ROL/TH package with 1 dining credit on the normal DP.

1 Like

Yup. Ahead of you there. Doing the ROL dining package, but not F! — you only get main and dessert with that package.

well why didnt you just say so :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grin:

1 Like

I have two credits left to spend.

I was going to close UOR to see the nighttime shows. But now I’m thinking I blow them off and have a signature dinner back at WDW. This will save money as I won’t have to eat at UOR.

Shortlist:

Flying Fish
Hoop-de-doo

Thoughts?

1 Like

That kind of corny humour at Hoop de Doo makes me cringe, though the food looks good and I think it’s all you can eat? And unlimited beer and sangria although I don’t drink either. The last show is 8 or 8.15 if I’m not mistaken. It’s not the easiest to actually get to.

Personally I’d go for a later and better quality dinner at Flying Fish. You’d be able to stay a bit later at UOR. No entertainment though.

1 Like

All they have is Category 3 for the 8.30pm show.

It’ll be easy to get to (?) because I’ll be taking a Lyft from UOR. And I guess a Lyft afterwards back to my resort.

Lyft can’t take you to Pioneer Hall, you’ll need to take an internal bus. That’s what I meant by not easy to get to. Minnie Vans can drop you there and I think the boat dock is close.

Ah. So Lyft (from UOR) to somewhere, then somewhere to Pioneer Hall.

Yes. But I’m no expert. There was a thread a day or two ago explaining it all quite well if I can find it but it was focussed more on boats from MK or Contemporary.

1 Like

I don’t know if it will be helpful.

1 Like

Could you have chosen two experiences that were more opposite each other? She’s probably right on all accounts, but for fun, I’ll provide the counter-point to @missoverexcited. I like corny things, so Hoop-de-doo is right up my alley. It’s surprisingly fun. Never done Flying Fish. Sounds like you already have some fine dining experiences, why not mix it up?

3 Likes

I think lots of people would disagree but it’s right for me!

I also think that Cat 3 seating isn’t great.

1 Like