Burning DDP credits

That was my feeling. Plus HDH is a very Disney thing. I’ve been to posh restaurants before.

Though the complication of getting there is stressing me out.

1 Like

Last time we were at WDW we had loads of snack credits left (we had the free dining plan) so we burnt a load in the confectionary / sweet shop on main st but I still had lots left as we waited for our airport transfer. I then used them to pay for everyone’s snacks and drinks in the queue behind me at the resort. The cast member said she hadn’t seen anyone do that in all her years at Disney but one young couple said it made their stay… it was lovely to spread a little Disney magic as I left!

3 Likes

It’s probably not that complicated, just factor in the time. I know you don’t mind spending money - get Lyft to a resort and a Minnie van from there, no messing with boats or internal buses.

1 Like

I didn’t know lyft won’t take you to Pioneer Hall. Why not take lyft to CR or WL then take the boat. The boat launch at Ft Wilderness is just down the path from Pioneer Hall as I recall. It’s been awhile, so I could be wrong?!

1 Like

or that

It’s interesting you should say that. I’m increasingly thinking that I won’t be going to Orlando in 2020 to give my finances a bit of a rest. So I feel as much as ever that I want to make the most of this trip (and the one in December).

2 Likes

Looking at the map, that seems pretty straightforward.

1 Like

Yeah, like I mentioned, I feel like you could basically see Pioneer Hall up the path from the boat launch, but it’s probably been a decade since I did that.

1 Like

I’ve had a quick look online and I think I’ll enjoy HDH. And a lot of people seem to think the Category 3 seats are better than the Category 2. So I’m happy :smile:

3 Likes

Can you use the dining plan for every show at HDDR?

It was definitely available for my booking.

Now you’ve got me rethinking about making this part of our Sept plans. I had kinda forgotten about HDDR. I keep trying to get Storybook dining but have missed out on every res finder alert. This might be more fun anyway.

You should do HDDR for sure. It’s a particular very American brand of humor … you may be shaking your head at it but it will be memorable for sure. There is a segment in it where they ask people what part of the country they are from, not sure I’ve ever seen a British person admit to being there.

1 Like