Bump and Dump Room Only Reservation?

You’re going to love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Funny story - when I went into the reservation to do my resort check-in, it already had the original owner’s credit card stored, as well as her contact info, etc. Thankfully I am an honest person and changed it all. But that’s interesting that since it was such a last-minute cancellation, all that stuff was still stored, and carried over when it was changed over to me.

1 Like

:open_mouth:
I would let the rental agency know that that happened.
There should be some kind of check in place to keep that from happening.

Because yeah what if you were someone like @GreyingMouser or @feep

PS I don’t know why I decided to pick on them. It really is people like @Heidelj that we have to worry over

6 Likes

To be fair, the credit card info was grayed out, though I assume I still could have put room charges through. And it’s Disney’s IT, that the rental agency doesn’t have access to. It’s up to the owner to remove their CC info - and do you think it would take? I’ve never tried to remove a CC, but it seems like data in those kinds of fields is “sticky” - hard to completely delete, and seems to always pop back in the next time cause it doesn’t like being blank, if that makes sense.

Still, it’s pretty clear that this owner was fully set on going to the Poly up until she listed her reservation today.

4 Likes

9 Likes

I’m so glad for you that you got a better deal. I know you wanted BC for the awesome pool area but Poly’s isn’t a joke either. And the Poly is smaller and easier to get around… they have dole whips too :wink:

1 Like

I’m so excited for all of this. The pool, the grounds, the restaurants (I’m stalking walk-up - seems like I might be able to get into O’hana one night - but breakfast at Captain Cook’s or take-out at Kona would be cool, too). The monorail, walk to TTC, etc. etc. Plus the room is much bigger than BC, so squeezing 6 of us (including pack’n’play) won’t be quite so cramped. Two bathrooms, too!

Oh, man, I can’t believe I scored this! So awesome.

7 Likes

At 7:00pm, walk-up is 35 minute wait. I’m hoping we can do this on arrival day, when we have no other plans.

3 Likes

NICE! 2 bathrooms!!! Oh take out breakfast… eat on your balcony or the C.Cook patio… yes! yes! Yes! I think the kids play area looks great too.

1 Like

We loved our stay at the Poly in 2018! Such a Great spot to be with little kids.

2 Likes

I give you a hard time about the “Jafar Rock” one time… yeesh

4 Likes

Just realized that this may be our only chance to stay at the Poly for a while … we can only make it this time since all 6 of us can fit in a studio while DD2 qualifies as an infant. I guess we could do two studios someday, but the Bungalows are too rich for my blood (as awesome as they look). Glad we took our chance while we could!

4 Likes

I’d love to stay at the Poly again. It was my first on-property resort, but it was also back in the early 80s.

2 Likes

It’s not that. It’s the way you sneak into all these pics.

It’s very… sneaky.

3 Likes

Have the best time! We stayed in a Poly studio our first time as a family in 2018 and there was no turning back. Everything about it was absolute perfection! Your kids will love the pool too! And being on the monorail is perfect with kids in tow.

2 Likes

We are checking in there tomorrow afternoon. :sunglasses:

I am very excited to stay for the first time!

We will be moving to Pop on Sunday so won’t be there when you arrive.

2 Likes

In case anyone is curious, I entered my room request in the room finder yesterday afternoon. It sent at 8:18am Eastern this morning, per my Dashboard. So they must batch those emails and send them the next morning if you are within 30 days.

Also, here are the four sites I was scouring for dedicated reservations. I have either seen good reviews of them online (DVC Rental Store, DVC Shop Rentals) or used them myself (David’s, DVC-Rental) with satisfactory results:

There are many more. I looked multiple times a day over the last month and while deals came and go, it wasn’t until 5 days before my trip that the perfect reservation popped up, saving me over $1K.

4 Likes

Damn your trip report is going to make me want to go again next fall. I can feel it! I REALLY want to stay at the Poly too.

4 Likes

You’re gonna get nothing but enabling from me, I’m afraid! :rofl:

Which one did you end up getting it from?

1 Like