Bucket List Trip June 2021 trip

Ok. Here is my attempt at some booking questions that I either don’t remember or may have changed.

1. Is there anything that you have to purchase when you book your room or you can’t get it later? I think I may be thinking of the dining plan which I know is not currently offered. (Trip insurance is probably one thing).

2. If I purchase tickets through Disney do they have the same refund policy as the rooms? I think so but not sure.

3. Has anyone had first hand experience with getting a refund from tickets from a 3rd party like Undercover Tourist?

4. I know they are just restarting park hopper sort of so guess this is for pre-COVID, could park hopper be added later after you bought your tickets or did you need to get it when you bought the base tickets?

5. if I get tickets and attach to a res and then change the res say to a different hotel, is it difficult to switch the tickets to the new res?

6. how far out should I be thinking for getting park reservations? How easy is it to change them? Once you are on property? Or get different ones? Assume they stay the same until June as I know no one has crystal ball lol.

Sorry if that’s a lot at once. I appreciate you all so much, I don’t want to abuse your kindness. Thanks.

I don’t know the answer to most of your questions, but as far as #5 is concerned, the tickets are connected to your MDE account, not to a room.

Sorry I can’t help you with the rest!

1 Like
  1. Is there anything that you have to purchase when you book your room or you can’t get it later? I think I may be thinking of the dining plan which I know is not currently offered. (Trip insurance is probably one thing).
    You can keep adding things later like if they add the dining plan back or you want magical express, etc… Disney will always take more money from you. Lol. Pretty sure you can add trip insurance later too. I personally use a credit card that has it. *I should add you can add the dining plan by a certain date and only if you book a package I think. I’m not 100% sure but I think there is a cutoff day for modifications to packages and I think you have to have a package in order to add dining plan. The book should say for sure though. I’ve only done dining plan once as I personally prefer not using it.
  2. If I purchase tickets through Disney do they have the same refund policy as the rooms? I think so but not sure.
    No. Not refundable if you purchase separate tickets and not part of a package. If you do a package you can get your deposit back until whatever day the fine print says at the time of purchase including the tickets part. Pre-covid I believe it was 45 days. In regards to tickets, You can move dates up till the day before your first day you’ve bought them for but you cannot get your money back if you purchased them a la carte. You can add things later like park hopper or park hopper plus or more days or upgrade to an annual pass. But you can’t take things back. Things like park hopper and extra days or even switching unused tickets to another person you can do from the My Disney Experience app or online.
  3. Has anyone had first hand experience with getting a refund from tickets from a 3rd party like Undercover Tourist?
    I have not. I am not sure what their covid policy is. I have purchased tickets from them and accidentally bought for the wrong date and was able to add days and change the date of first use in the my Disney experience app after I entered their numbers into my acct though.
  4. I know they are just restarting park hopper sort of so guess this is for pre-COVID, could park hopper be added later after you bought your tickets or did you need to get it when you bought the base tickets?
    Yes it can be added later and from the app. You don’t even have to call anyone. It’s so easy!
  5. if I get tickets and attach to a res and then change the res say to a different hotel, is it difficult to switch the tickets to the new res?
    Not at all. If you do tickets and room separate they are all just associated to your my Disney account. You can change one without affecting the other.
  6. how far out should I be thinking for getting park reservations? How easy is it to change them? Once you are on property? Or get different ones? Assume they stay the same until June as I know no one has crystal ball lol.
    I would aim for 60 days out if you can. You can probably get them closer but I watched the availability for DHS slip away shortly after I picked out days about 45 days in advance. They do often release more closer till as well but you’ll just have to keep checking back. If it were me I’d just want to play it safe and I’d do it 60 days but if you can’t I wouldn’t worry too much

It’s very easy to change. You just have to cancel and then reschedule all thru the my Disney experience app. Assuming there is availability of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also if you do decide while there you want to add a day to your park tickets make sure you do it before midnight the day they expire.

In the My Disney Experience app on your phone right under your ticket is a “Change ticket” button. That’s where you click to add days or park hopper or if it’s unused switch dates or to another person with the reassign ticket button. The person you switch it to has to be in your friends and family.

1 Like

This is what a park reservation looks like in the app. So if you wanted to change it you’d just click cancel and then make a new one.

You are an angel!! Thank you so much for the great information! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

One additional question I thought of right after I posted:
Since we are going to have a split stay that means 2 reservations? One for each hotel. Which means getting ticket packages for both? Rather than 1 longer ticket.

I am 99% sure you can do one package for the first hotel and do room only for the second. Making sure your first package includes enough days for your second trip. They are good for 14 days from first use with a 10 day ticket. It varies depending on the number of days of ticket how long before they expire so in that case it may be cheaper to get a 10 day ticket over a 9 day if you know you are going to the park only 9 days but for the 9 day ticket expires a day before the 10 day and you plan to go to the park that last day. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

1 day ticket has to be used day of its purchased for, 2 day ticket you have 4 days, 3 day ticket you have 5 days, 4 day tickets expires 7 days after first use, 5-8, 6-9, 7-10, 8-12, 9-13 and 10 day tickets expire 14 days. If you add park hopper plus you get one extra day added to your expiration.

2 Likes

So your options are
1)book a room/ticket package at Yacht Club and room only at Contemporary
2) book room only at both hotels and buy your park ticket separate thru a discount vendor or Disney direct.

1 Like

And you mentioned before possibly switching hotels to Beach Club or Boardwalk if they open before. You can do this thru the app as well without cancelling your package should you decide to do the room/ticket package or room only for the first hotel. The app and website are very user friendly.

1 Like

I honestly would buy the package for the first room. The flexibility you would get through Disney (moving dates, adding, ability to make payments, and current Disney efforts to work with families that need to cancel) can’t be beat. For a $200 deposit you would book that room/tickets. Your second stay would be a one night deposit for a room only.

For a split stay you will have two booking windows for dining.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you cannot buy a package with tickets for the first stay to cover the second room only portion. You used to be able to precovid but as of a week ago when I priced a trip, you could not. You can only get enough days on your first room to cover that portion from check in to check out, so however many nights of first hotel plus 1 are the number of days you can get on your ticket.

1 Like

Although, I wonder if you can book the first stay with the max number of days on your tickets and then add on days after the purchase? This could be a work around.

1 Like

Did you call?

Yay we have reservations!! Got both hotels we wanted details in a moment…

Because there was weirdness afoot.

I’d been playing with the compare vacations thing, looking at views with hotel room finder etc. and finally decided to pull the trigger.
For the YC (7 nights) it is true like @I_LikeWarmHugs said I could only select 8 days. That makes it go from 5/29 to 6/9 so we would need to supplement to have tickets until 6/11. Since we have rest days that I know we will need (thanks to comments here when I was planning for our trip that covid canceled) it’s not that bad for us. This however led to a whole tangent of checking out a variety of tickets :woman_facepalming: .

Then after fussing and figuring I go to select the YC with tickets and I got a message that said you can’t buy packages at this time only rooms :scream:. And it completely emptied my cart!! :triumph:. So I was like well I’ll get the CR (floor 12 with lake view :scream::scream: which was not an option for our canceled trip!) which was room only anyway and then worry about YC. Did NOT want to miss out on that room (accessible limits choices big time). :tada::tada:

Then had to start over with YC which we got garden/woods view I think and still offering packages! I’m like if I can’t get tickets why are you trying to sell me tickets?? So I took a chance and went for the tickets and this time it worked!!! I’m guessing that the room from the first one got sold while I was looking at things so when I went to check out the system went a bit crazy.

Now I’m really happy and we just need to get a couple of two day tickets to cover the end of our Disney stay, right?

PLOT TWIST!!!

As covid progresses I actually rescheduled our June 2020 trip to later in the month. The first time I bought tix from a 3rd party probably UT which I’m fairly certain had dates to them but not sure anymore. Not being familiar with all the ins and outs when I rescheduled I bought tix through Disney and just figured the other ones were a lost cause. Plus businesses were making it up as we went with what would be done because of covid. So imagine my surprise when today I went to my plans on the Disney site and clicked on tickets and saw
6 day plus hopper tickets there!!! :scream::scream::scream::tada::tada::tada: and good through Sept 2021!!!

So now I just need to figure out exactly how many days we need to go with our YC when we factor in these 6 days!!! Then I can call and modify our reservation at some point!! I was so stunned to see them there!

Next I’ll get HRH at Universal probably later this week.

5 Likes

Congrats :tada:!

1 Like

See if you can add days to your 6 day tickets you already have and then remove the tickets from your yacht club res? If you can get four more days on your 6 day tickets theyll be good thru Jun. 11(since I have the same ones). On the website where you can see your tickets there is a change ticket link and you may just be able to add days there and pay the difference.

1 Like

I’ll look but I don’t remember seeing that option.

Also the HRH (good choice btw) will definitely have a sale at some point. So keep checking and when it does call Universal (you can’t make changes online with universal unfortunately…Disney wins here) and ask for the discounted room rate to be applied.

2 Likes

It’s possible. I was able to change my undercover tourist tickets last Jan. but I heard with covid that changed. But worth a check before buying another ticket because it’s much cheaper to add days.

1 Like