Bucket List Trip June 2021 trip

I have stayed twice at the All Stars in a king room with a roll in shower and 2 ECV’s. I also plan to do it again on our next trip but no dates yet. One thing that is #1 with ECV’s and busses I would only stay at a resort that only has ONE BUS STOP. with the ECV you are the first on and last off the bus. This makes it easier to get on and off with the ECV. It is very hard to get on and off with other people already sitting on the bus. Even though the rooms at the All Stars are small we still enough room for 2 pooh size adults and 2 big ECV’s. Even though @gingerSnaps543222 posted a link that said that ECV’s are allowed on Friendship Boats it has been my experience that they are not. Things might have changed since 2019, so if I was you I would just double check. The only boats that take ECV’s were the: Main ferry, one boat that went from MK to WL and the Mark Twain.

3 Likes

Thanks for the first hand info. I’m just double checking that you tried to use the friendship boats that go to HS but we’re not able too? I will be double checking with Disney though like you suggested.

I seem to remember that the skyliners can accommodate 1 ECV per car, is that correct?

A few new questions to all you wonderful people:

Are the friendship boats the only direct route to HS from BCV?

From Riviera would we need to switch at Caribbean Beach to get to HS if taking the skyline?

Is it possible to “walk” to Epcot from the Riviera?

Thanks. So many new possibilities to consider!

I don’t have any specific advice but I’m very sorry to hear your news. I think planning your trip is wonderful and I hope you have a great time. There is so much to see and do at WDW.

2 Likes

Yes

Not with an ECV unless it is for off-roading

2 Likes

Here’s the contact info from the Disney page in regards to accommodations available. While I don’t have first hand experience that quote was directly from Disney so unless they got less accommodating I would imagine they weren’t lying about friendship boats. It does say that only two ECVs per boat and they can’t have extra large bumpers. Also if water levels are low they may require you to take different transportation.
Walt Disney World Resort prides itself on providing helpful services and access options for Guests with mobility disabilities. I encourage you to contact Disability Services at [(407) 560-2547](tel:(407) 560-2547) or by email at disability.services@disneyparks.com if you need any help.

2 Likes

Are the friendship boats the only direct route to HS from BCV?
Yes, the skyliner also works but you’d have to make exchanges. Getting off and on different skyliners. The boat is the only direct route if it’s offered. If it’s thunderstorming, etc there will be a bus offered instead.

From Riviera would we need to switch at Caribbean Beach to get to HS if taking the skyline?
Yes

Is it possible to “walk” to Epcot from the Riviera?
No

1 Like

It is possible to walk from DHS to Beach Club but it’s about a mile. There is a nice path with nice views along the way and lots of signs about not swimming with the alligators. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One of the reasons I prefer Boardwalk (beach club or yacht club would be my next choice and only because i like the over top theming at Boardwalk) is because I can walk on Disney property to two parks. I usually walk in the morning when I’m pumped and ready to go :partying_face:and take the boat back in the evening when Disney has worn me out. :sleeping:

3 Likes

In regards to your question about the skyliner I found this online:

• Up to 6 guests are permitted if someone is driving a scooter or wheelchair , with only 1 wheelchair/scooter/ECV allowed in the cabin at a time. We’ve gotten feedback that more than two adults plus a scooter might feel tight. If you have more, you may wish to split up.

From this site (which is not an official Disney site):

But it’s got nice pictures and explains the skyliner nicely.

2 Likes

Flying death buckets will never transport me so I don’t know the number of ECV’s. Sorry.

3 Likes

We love the flying in those death buckets!!! DH and I took a spin just for funzies one day. You can only fit one EVC in a Skyliner cabin at a time. We’ve done it before, you’d never be able to get more than one in there.

3 Likes

I think that’s correct in ordinary circumstances. COVID has jumbled the rules and I got lots of different answers from different CMs this fall ranging from 1-day notice up to 7-day notice required. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think you’re right and it depends when you booked and for what dates so just check the terms and conditions because things are different now.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you I have a general idea for our trip now.

Arrive May 29 via Amtrak (Orlando or Kissimmee TBD).
Stay at EP hotel which will currently be YC (possibly change if BCR or BW open). Concentrate on HS and EP.
Switch hotels to CR on June 5.
Concentrate on MK and AK.
Switch hotel to a Universal one on June 12.
Concentrate on Harry Potter.
Leave via Amtrak on June 15.

I have several booking questions due to Covid regs and my own general brain fog, but will wait a bit to ask. Need to figure out exactly what my questions are lol.

6 Likes

Sounds like a dream trip to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds amazing!!

1 Like

Made the “mistake” of taking a look at Universal’s website to get an idea of tickets, hotel prices etc. :scream: overwhelmed with the information. So many “deals” with and without tickets etc. hard to make any comparisons. I think an annual pass would pay for itself just with 3 days but could not find information on the hotel discounts with it lol. I did figure out 2 things:

1. deluxe hotels probably worth it for express and early entry
  2. Disney’s site, while not perfect, is much easier to get useable information from.

That said I tried to find a price for an annual pass on Disney and got stuck in a clicking ring that looped on itself like a Möbius strip :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I think this is because Disney is not currently selling AP. For universal a three day ticket is probably much cheaper than an AP. They usually have deals like buy two days get two or three free. So it’s often cheaper to get the two day ticket than a three day. You will want the park hopper so you can ride the Hogwarts Express. :-). And you definitely want to stay in Hard Rock, Portofino or Royal Pacific if you can for the express passes. They are very much worth it.

1 Like

That makes sense about Disney. Didn’t think about that. :woman_facepalming: As for US, two 3-day 2 park tickets are (for our dates) actually slightly more expensive than the 2 lowest priced APs (which is all we would need staying at a deluxe) unless I read them wrong. TP mentioned looking at APs for US paying for themselves quickly otherwise I would not have even thought of it! Lol.

It was frustrating though to not have details about which hotels get AP discounts and what the discounts are. Right now it’s a moot point since they run on the calendar year so won’t be getting them at least until after the 1st. Probably comes when you check out at the website under promos or discounts - I will probably end up calling them.

1 Like

Hotel discounts come out about 2-4 months before travel dates. In my experience the discount is so if 35%. If the standard rate is 299 a night at RPR then the discounted rate will be 184 a night. Tack on 15-25 dollars more for HRH and another 15-25 dollars more for PBH. This is for rooms in the same tier. Going from a garden view at one hotel to a pool room at another hotel will cost more than $15.

2 Likes