Bubble wands - friend or foe?

Why were you trying to drink out of a bubble wand? That’s really the only way this happens. I don’t hear anyone whining when the same system is used for the “snow” on Main Street. And THAT is far more likely to wind up in food, in your nose, in your eye, or in your mouth.

…misspelled “ridiculous question”, there. :laughing: 1) Bubbles don’t contain nicotine. 2) you can see through bubble clouds (which are far smaller anyway) 3) you don’t inhale bubbles (Unless, of course, again, you’re trying to drink from the wand itself. Stop that.) and even if you did… the bubbles weren’t already in someone else’s lungs, unlike vape clouds.

12 Likes

Perhaps the difference is choosing, anticipating, and participating in the experience. VS bubbles flying into your eye (or mouth apparently) or food at a time you weren’t expecting it. I like bubbles. But timing is everything.

3 Likes

Lol I just got your joke. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The real issue here is allowing children in the parks at all.

7 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

I was hoping someone would!

1 Like

It hit me when I was typing out “I like bubbles…” oh hey haha that was funny what she said up there :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You’re in Disney. Anticipate the experience. :smirk:

4 Likes

Fair.

1 Like

Same. If I start playing bubbles with the kids, they will have lost interest well before I’m done with them :laughing:

6 Likes

I didn’t get it until @OBNurseNH said she got it. And then I thought “got what?” and then I went “Oh! Right!”

It was quite the moment.

1 Like

Allergies- generally I have control over stopping soap from hitting my skin and if it does I can immediately wash it off. I lose that ability in the hub waiting for fireworks when a bubble gun shoots bubbles nonstop at me and I am in a crowd I can’t move in.

I know it is not the same as having a young child smear peanut butter on the handrails in the Peter Pan queue (I have watched that too) but my purple welts will stay with me for days.

6 Likes

I’m very dense, what was the joke? Is it because her name is @Bubblez ?

2 Likes

Hugs! That’s a pretty bad allergy! It never occurred to me.

2 Likes

Yes. And she said “Plot twist: Foe”

3 Likes

so you’re allergic to “fun” and “happy things”. I gotcha. :wink:

In all seriousness, that sucks. :frowning: Especially after recently having experienced my own allergy that took weeks to clear up. But I still love the things.

3 Likes

Thank you. I need more caffeine.

1 Like

I don’t mind a few bubbles but dang those thing can produce some bubbles! I have had to throw away a beer bc a kid walked by and I swear intentionally shot them in my direction. To be fair, I did try to take another sip :grimacing: nope. I try to avoid them but if someone’s loose child comes to close to me shooting large amounts of bubbles, I have just said, “Baby, can you go spray those over there” and point to who I hope is their parents. In hindsight, I may have been responsible for a lost kid or two, ooopppps!

5 Likes

I feel like there was a much needed comma that was missed here.

Same. Las trip we were in USO and we walked through someone’s cherry vape smoke and DS13 stopped and took a deeper breath. I had to do some pretty fast talking to convince him that yes, they “can” smell good but are horrible for our health.

:laughing:

We literally ran from awning to awning because the snoap was getting in our eyes.

I’m with you.

:yellow_heart:

Yes. Yes it is! :wink:

Normally I’m much more “on the nose” (much like snoap and bubbles). Once in a while though, I can be sneaky! It makes me feel much cooler than I really am.

I’m so sorry.

:confounded: Yikes.

Trust me, I always feel the same!

The world can’t handle more than one of me.

I’m so sorry.

FTFY

I like them, a lot actually. Far away. Off my lawn.

:yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Unless you are allergic to the solution. I have a friend who is, and she will get a rash wherever they explode on her.

1 Like