Brown Family Trip (Rain, rain go away)

I have mid-day breaks planned but am secretly hoping this will also be our experience. I don’t have one planned every day, so maybe we’ll need them. But that secret checklist of things I’d do rather than hotel break is absolutely in my head. :joy:

3 Likes

Yep, we did full days then very empty days no in between…

2 Likes

Grandma shirt story: :purple_heart: so sweet.

3 Likes

You impress me so much! It sounds like you had an incredible trip with your tribe. So amazing that you got to experience so much with so many family members. I just tip my hat to you for being the point person for it all.

Will you be my Mommy? :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!
It was so much fun. It really was the best when I didn’t hold to a schedule, but rather let everyone do what they felt like. I had ideas on what I wanted us to do, and then I tried to stay flexible from there.

I would love to be your mommy! My oldest has always wanted a big brother.

1 Like

I think the oldest son would end up with a really cool, fun, uncle because I am definitely older than his dad. Although, I am 40+, I pretty much feel the same as when I was 30. Denial is a wonderful place to be.

Have a MAGICAL rest of the summer!
Douglas

1 Like

I have to comment about this:

First, see the red circle? No Mickey Ears, despite everyone else having them. I’d like to know the story behind that decision! :wink:

Second, see the blue circle? Presumably DH? He’s apparently agreed to wearing Mickey Ears. I’d like to know the story behind that decision! :wink:

(I’m all for wearing matching/coordinating shirts at Disney…but I draw the line at having to wear Mickey Ears!)

5 Likes

Where did you get the ears? I’m having sticker shock over the headband ones.

He has a very cute pair of ears connected to a hat that would shade his face. He however, was not wanting to wear it. I am a little bummed, we didn’t think to put them on for this picture. It would have made it better. Maybe I can photoshop some ears on him. LOL
DH wears hats all the time, and did endure the eared hats for a couple days. My DNiece bought these for everyone. So I think he felt obligated, also he does like to see me happy. I have to confess I didn’t wear mine very often.
Also the matching shirts went out the window for the most part, as I was lucky to get everyone dressed at all for most mornings, but DH did wear them with me a lot of days.
It was kind of sweet, he kept bragging to his Dfather and GF how much work I put into this trip. Made me feel appreciated.

Also @heidelj did you see my ears?

@qwerty6 she bought them on etsy.
We also didn’t want to spend a ton on things we wouldn’t use much.

3 Likes

Any idea what vendor she used? Did you all pick your own?

Very cool! Is that the chemical structure for meth on them? :wink:

She surprised us. I am not sure what vendors she used. She looked for cheap and what she could get fast.
I will see if she remembers who she used.

1 Like

Looking for the emoji that most resembles a Meth Head, but found this nerd one,:nerd_face::woozy_face:

Awww. That was sweet!

1 Like

Why yes. Yes it is.

5 Likes

Day 3
EMM Toy Story Land
We had a 7am reservation but everyone was relieved to hear we didn’t need to get there until 7:30 when they let us into TSL. We got there and they had already let people into TSL. Once again, a little later than I would have wanted but we still had plenty of time.
We met Buzz at the entrance, no wait. We rode TSMM, got off and met Woody and Jessy longest wait we had probably 10-15 minutes.
Poor photographers took a dozen or more pictures but DS2 never looked at the camera, because he was so excited about SDD.

We went to SDD next and rode 3 times, we then did AS and got onto TSMM right as the crowd was entering. It was a huge crowd coming in, I can’t imagine the rush for SDD. We had to go to the handicapped loading area for to get a special car with a button for DS14 with the bad hand. It was nice to see they had these including one that looked like it held wheelchairs. We rode and when we got back, the guy asked us if we wanted to go again. YES! Made my son feel good that his injury wasn’t all bad.
image image

EMM I would do it again, just because I hate crowds and waiting. Plus SDD was a really good family ride. I really think, forgoing some ADRs so you can do some of these add-ons if probably a good idea. Especially if you have kids like mine that don’t really care about princesses.

We got off the ride about 9:15 went to use our FPP at ToT. The regular line was already 130 minutes by the time we walked across the park. We then did single rider for RnR.
Believe it or not they both rode it 4 more times this trip.
We were exiting at 9;45. Quick text to DH to get us some breakfast before it closed, as we raced across the park. He had headed to breakfast with DS2 instead of doing these big rides.
Most of the gang went back to the rooms. DH and his parents, DS2 and I went to LMRA image while my bigs went on ToT again and RnR again. They may have been using my parents MB for this ride.
Faces getting a little better!
DH and his parents went to through single rider for RnR while the kids and I ate a Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich from Scoops! This was the best!

We then did Frozen Sing a Long. Cute and cool, but DS2 was annoyed when I sang. LOL

All 13 met up again for Mama Melrose for Dinner at 4:45. THIS MEAL TOOK 3 HOURS!
The service was slow. The food wasn’t anything special. The steak was good, but no one liked anything else. I booked this for the Fantasmic Seating. Which ended up being canceled.
So, this meal was considerably not worth it.
I modified our TSMM FP to Star Tours. Loved this ride. So fun for all!
DH, his parents and our oldest 2 went back to rest, while DS2 and I joined my family. We watched Little Mermaid show and met the Star Wars characters in the launch bay. None of us in this group are big Star Wars Fans, but DS2 LOVED BB8 and Chewbacca!
He could not stop talking about them. He had gotten a slinky dog toy and Slinky and BB8 are “best friends and they hugged”. He had a complete conversation with BB8, only stopping when the CM politely asked us to leave. It was very cute.
image image
He went out to the gift shop and proceeded to pick up BB8 ears and wore them a lot!
He does not like hats so this was saying something. He only spoke to me in BEEPS for the rest of the night.
We went and lined up for Fantasmic. It was pretty crowded and since there was lightning they weren’t letting us into the metal seats. So there was a lot of people lined up. I decided to take DS back to the room, while my extended family waited to see them. I just got to the bus, when they announced it was canceled, so no one saw the show.

10 Likes