Brown Family Trip (Rain, rain go away)

Honestly, not often. Mostly just on their faces if we’re at the lake or pool all day. Other than that, we use rash guards. We eat a good, whole food diet with few inflammatory foods and don’t tend to burn.

If something is gross or sticky we do use soap. That just doesn’t happen very often.

Sister, you are not alone!! Even I’m lucky to shower more than 2 or 3 times a week!!

Because we eat whole foods, we don’t tend to be smelly. Now, I have not yet experienced the teenage years with any of my children, and hormones may come into play. But even for myself, I know that if I am eating clean, I smell clean.

1 Like

Well all 9 of us are sitting in our seats on Southwest at CMH.Uploading: EF60617A-98B2-402F-AF03-52AB952E950A.jpeg…

6 Likes

There are washing machines at the resorts.

1 Like

Please do not go off topic. This thread is about underwear and the domestic challenges of keeping a family clean. Start a new post if you wish to discuss the Brown Family Trip.
:crazy_face:

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Did you get to sit together?

1 Like

Yes we did, the plane was probably only 2/3 full.
So a tip, we were flying with a big group, so we put the kids in the middle row, so if the were loud or kicking seats, they only bugged people they know.

2 Likes

You really need to get better control of your life…geez!

1 Like

Umm ok… thanks for that… kind of hurtful thing to say

I hope you continue with your trip report! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

5 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

2 Likes

Edit:
Husband had a ton of clothes, we did laundry once in the middle and right before we left. (I hated the idea of coming back to a mountain of laundry.) He bought undies in a big pack the night before we left and never used any of those, and had probably 20 extra shirts packed. I don’t think he counted on all the matching ones I packed him.

Day 1 Travel and Epcot
Early flight out of John Glenn International. Landed at 7am a little earlier than expected. Found DME, but it wasn’t easy. First ones on the bus, but waited about 15 minutes until it was almost full.
We were at Pop by about 8:30. Met up with our FL res family.
Tried to get my DiLs their magic bands but the front desk was not able to get them for us. They CM was very nice and did give us some Any Ride FP. (We seemed to always get these on days we didn’t really need them.)
Got to Epcot about 9:15 just after park opening, but we weren’t in a big hurry.
Our group split up until 11:30 bon voyage ADR.
Our oldest two went to ride on their own, DH, DS2 and I stayed with his dad and GF.

The Grandma shirt for GF was a big step for my husband. His dear mom, passed 11 years ago and his dad has been living with GF for the last 10, but this is the first time my husband has included her in the family.

On the way in we met Pluto. DS2 first character. Now he was addicted.

We rode SE and Soarin’ before heading to Boardwalk. Everyone loves Soarin’. My DH kept teasing his dad about lifting his feet up during the splash of the whale.
Bon Voyage breakfast was fun.
We had a table of 13 and had no problem using our meal plan for the entire group. My DD12 and I were amazed how well the CMs stayed in Characters even when just talking to each other. DS2 enjoyed talking to them all, however, he only talked about Lightning McQueen and how he blew a tire. The Characters don’t know about cars, as they don’t have them in their kingdoms, so he would explain all about racing to them. It was so cute.

Toured WS, half the group had dinner at Beirgarten and half at Marrakah.
My family did Marakah and loved it. The belly dancer was a big hit with DS2. After dancing with the cast at Bon Voyage, the minute he heard music, he knew it was time to “dance with princess”. The dancer was very kind and included him.
We rode FEA and everyone was pretty hot and tired by this point.
We rode TT and MS and left just as fireworks were starting.

18 Likes

great trip report @robin_brown_664876. Your fam photos are so sweet, especially the ones of your 2 year old!

That was quite an epic 1st day, my mouse ears hat is off to you haha!

I know you’ll have had a restful first night at your resort.

have all the fun!

Our next trip will be 13 as well. I’ll be the planner for all, but it’s such fun for me.

BTW, on a trip with a boyfriend, he forgot to bring any shirts besides one he had on & 1 extra what? at least he brought underwear and shorts, haha. Ugh. I landed up washing the shirts for him a couple of times, what can I say?

1 Like

Hooray! I was thinking earlier today that I was impatient to see your family’s tshirts. Your husband’s extra clothes made me laugh, and it’s heartwarming that he was ready for his dad’s gf to wear the grandma shirt.

1 Like

Day 2 MK
EMM
Everyone got up ok, but actually getting them out the door and on the bus was a different story. I think the first park day everyone was trying to make sure they had everything and their cups filled and stuff.
We go into the park just after 8am. They had already started EMM by the time we got back there. I was afraid that our day would be ruined. IT WAS NOT!

We had a blast, everything was walk on. We rode everything we wanted to and SDMT three times. We did Tea cups and went in to breakfast, then used FP for SM.
Loved my son’s face here.
Breakfast was good, something for everyone. They even had waters for you to take with you.
I WOULD DO THIS AGAIN! Even if it means giving up a character meal or something. This was so worth it.
DS2 Loved SDMT. He was now sure all he wanted to do was roller coasters.
We had so much run.

No one wanted to go back to the room for a break. So, we did a lot more than I planned on doing. Modified FPP as we went and used 9 that day.
We did RS on Splash as I thought it might be too much for DS2. He was insistent that he wanted to ride “the boat that drops down the waterfall”. We let him watch from the bridge at first, which I thought would scare him, but he only wanted to do it more. So he rode it twice, a big advantage to only being 2 is he doesn’t need FP so he went with everyone. Kind of like a reverse RS. We waited for the others to get off their FP so he could ride with everyone.

Just now seeing this picture of my parents, you would think they hadn’t ever ridden this 
My mom said after this, she felt like she was “at WDW”

It was time for our BTM FP but it went down so they converted to any rides. I snagged Carpet FP and DH and my kids rode it, while the rest of us got Dole Whips.
I then got us JC FP so we did Treehouse and then JC.
On JC I got us PoTC FP so we headed into ETR until it was time, or I could modify.
DS2 Napped in tiki room so that was nice. We took a bathroom break and let DS2 sleep a little before going into PoTC
See me modifying FP. I did this most of the day. This time I got HM. Everyone was tired and hot so we did CBJ and then hall of presidents. We then went to HM.

I feel like this is the look I got from my husband all week when I tried to explain FPP to him every time he asked how it works. 
We got a FP for ETWB and DH and DS14 went to SM again. We met up for BOG dinner at 4pm.
BOG was ok, but not great, and not worth 2 credits. I would definitely do Breakfast QS next time. Big surprise was my DS2 loved escargot and Onion Soup. Our server was excellent. When he was giving us a tour and talking about the masters castle. DS2 let him know right away that the castle was not the master’s it is Mickey Mouse’s Castle.
I love the look on DS2 face. He really liked meeting characters.

From here I had us FP for Barnstormer and then FB for Dumbo. All were lot of fun. We stopped by the Splash Pad which DS2 loved. While the Grandparents watched him, DH, DD12 and DS14 and I went over and used our FP for BTM. Still one of my favorite rides.
Hard for me to believe it is still daylight at this point. What a long day! We still had HEA after party tickets. I checked into the party and not long after it started to storm.

My dad and DS2 best friends playing with bubble wands in the rain.
The storm postponed the fireworks, but they let us into the Plaza to sit and get warm drinks. During this time, I harvested a bunch of Dumbo FPP, they turned into any-ride for that night, and my big kids used a couple, however, I was disappointed that the ones near park closing did not carry over to the next day. I think they might have closed that loophole. They also gave us Ponchos for anyone who hadn’t packed one and those of us who had, got one to sit on. They were all very kind. When they finally let off the fireworks they were amazing!! We didn’t really need to reserved area as, a lot of people had left, but it was so nice to have a place for DS2 to play and run around. He wanted to make friends with everyone. So, while I thought everyone that was with me would be so too tired for desert, the fireworks got everyone so excited everyone was happy to stay. The deserts were SO GOOD! And the cheeseburger egg rolls, were all my DH asked for the rest of the trip. The walk out to the bus was chill and nice.

Overall a busy, busy day but so fun!

20 Likes

That sounds excellent. And I love your DS14’s Chewbacca ears hat.

1 Like

Sounds like a great day! When getting the additional fast passes were you easily able to get them for everyone in your group or did you have to split the party up? We may have up to 9 of us together at times on our next visit and am wondering about being able to get that many at a time.

1 Like

Great report! How did your son handle the heat/rides with his bandaged arm?

1 Like

I usually split us up and got overlapping ones. I always tried together first but it usually didn’t work

2 Likes

He did so well! He was vigilant about keeping it dry and his sister carried all his ponchos and bags for wrapping it.

3 Likes