Bringing a Newbie: Going for "I have just met you and I love you."

Can you tell she’s sad she lost her phone.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Live pianist at the pool right outside the balcony which I think is nice but if you were napping it’s very loud.

1 Like

Now this is happening. Did walk up wait list.

6 Likes

So I’m glad we did both VIP tours because they both had positives but even tho Disney didn’t include the food and private entrance and completely skipping the line and the upped attraction I still preferred it. It must be cuz it’s Disney and just your family so you can choose what you want. And I just found the Disney cast member easier to bond with.

The phone however was never found so I filed a claim and her replacement is already at home (same day delivery and $229 for the replacement). That of course doesn’t include the cost of the case and the pop socket she won on our ABD Japan trip.

3 Likes

Music stopped at 8pm and pool closed at 9pm which I feel is early. Like you can’t get in the gates. Even DD commented how loud it was. It was so loud thru the door it was hard to hear the TV. I enjoyed it but it’s definitely a downside to the more expensive pool DVC room. And we’re 2nd floor so very large balcony but I think porch is better if you’re wanting lots of pool time. I do really like this new building outside and in and the room though.

1 Like

19 attractions and lunch and snacks so we did more than VIP tour by rope dropping, having less people so needing less breaks and using Genie+ from a little before 8am. Sooooo as nice as that was I wouldn’t do it again in all honesty.

4 Likes

They had an adult pb&j when Pym’s first opened. We love pb&j and had tried it when it first opened and were never compelled to get it again. I can’t remember exactly why but I seem to remember it being dry? And not really a shareable size. The pretzel there is our favorite.

The fake grape flavor is my absolute least favorite flavor of all time so at least I know now that I’m not missing out by never booking the parade package. But it’s an adorable little cookie!

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts on both VIPs. One day, maybe we’ll be able to do it once as a bucket list item. But it is heartening to hear that it can be done with knowledge and time on the phone maximizing G+.

Sorry about the lost phone though. Hope DD is managing until she can make it back to her replacement waiting at home.

And love the beautiful rooms at the new DL Hotel Villas! They look so amazing.

3 Likes

Agreed about the pretzel at Pym’s it was wonderful!! It was the best thing we got there. The rest was ok but nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

She said on the way back that she didn’t miss not having it and had recently deleted a social media account. I’m glad she’s realizing how good life can be without it. But her new one was waiting for her when we got back.

3 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes